Chapter 20

I couldn't wait any longer to update!! It was eating me up inside and I'm bored!! So here we go!! Enjoy!! I'm back :)

Korra panted as she halted to a stop. Leaning against a tree, she looked around. Man it was dark. Korra had been running around trying to get as far away from where her father and his equally crazy bafoon friends had gone.

Asami, Bolin, and Mako were still nowhere to be seen and Korra had no way of getting in contact with them since she had to leave her phone behind. Plus, there was no connection this deep in the woods.

Korra was on her own until she found the others. Or until her father found her.

Just the thought of her and her father meeting made chills crawl up her spine. That was the one thing she'd rather not have happen today.

Korra stood up straight. She looked around. She couldn't tell which way was which. Everything was now leveled out, making it hard to navigate. For all Korra knew, she could be heading in the complete opposite direction she should be going. She was completely and totally lost.

"Hey", she said to herself. "It's better than being with my dad".

Korra looked around. She could feel excruciating pain shooting up her leg from walking on her sprained ankle. Korra knew from past experiences that she shouldn't be walking on it but she didn't exactly have a choice.

Korra, in the past hour of wandering around, had managed to trip and fall a million times, sprained her ankle, fall in piles of dirt every so often because of her stupid ankle, rip her shirt, and nearly run into her dad like three times. How she managed to escape death each time was a miracle and a wonder to Korra.

It had just finished raining so everything was foggy outside. That made Korra's anxiety grow. Talk about creepy. Now she couldn't see far away to know if anyone was in her seeing range until it was too late.

She'd have to be more alert than bafore. Korra was exhausted from walking around. She hadn't gotten any sleep last night. She been up all night doing chores.

Her father had seen her and Asami the day before when they had gotten to the apartment and was not happy so he kept her up all night as a punishment.

Then he exploded in rage all of the sudden when the two had an exchange of words and then Korra was then thrown into the mess she was in now.

Korra head snapped up at the sound of a breaking twig. She had to hide. Someone was near and she didn't plan on finding out who it was by being out in the open. Korra looked around in a panic. She only saw large, trees wherever she turned. She picked the biggest one she saw and quickly limped over to it. She held in a yelp as the pain was felt with every step.

Korra hid behind the tree, peeking out. Through the fog, shadows were coming her way. Korra held her breath, waiting. She could only hope it wasn't her father.

Her heart stopped when she saw her father and his goons again. Speak of the devil. Korra shrunk back a little in fear. The men stopped a few feet away from her hiding spot.

"I don't think we're gunna find her", one of her dad's friends said, looking at Tonraq.

Tonraq crossed his arms.

"We're not stopping until we find her", he said. "Trust me. She's around here. I always find her".

"Okay", said the other guy.

Now that Korra could see them up close, she took a look at her dad's "henchmen" as she'll call them from now on. They were both built. They were probably gym buddies with her dad or in a gang. They were both covered in tattoos. One was her shade of tan, the same height of her dad. He had a scar underneath his left eye. Korra would rather run into the other guy.