Grillby X Sans

((This was requested! These two are pretty cute together so why the heck not? XP ))

((SANS'S POV))
I'm worried. I'm worried about everything. Ha ha...I can't help it. What do I do with these feelings?

I feel sick knowing that the kid who falls down here might pick a wrong path, and kill off everyone. Including me. I can't tell anyone about the information I know. About the time machines. No one can know. They'll freak out, or they won't believe me. So what do I do? I can't afford not to care anymore about what's happening....

These thoughts had been keeping me awake all yesternight (yes, that is a real word). They have been affecting me to the point of breaking down...I've been through so many timelines, not even getting to the surface is appealing to me anymore. I'm just, dull.

I shoved my hands in the pockets of my jacket and trudged through the snow. It was very cold. I opened the door, a few monsters sitting near the entrance shivered at the wind blowing in through the door. I looked over at my usual seat and closed the door. "Hey Sans." One monster said and waved.

I can't let them know.

I faked a grin and waved back. "Hiya Sansy~" "Howdy Sans!" "Hello Sans." "Bark bark!" there were too many hellos to count, so I just kept on my grin and walked over to my seat. Grillby's is where I always go to avoid worrying my brother about my problems.

"H-hey Grillby..!" I said with a fake sign of happiness. My voice cracking sort of gave it away. I sat down on the seat and sighed. "...upset?" He asked and tilted his head to the side slightly. "H-heh, n-no..." I mumbled and looked away to avoid breaking into tears.

People were pretty distracted, so even if I did cry, no one would pay any mind to it. But I didn't want to cry in front of Grillby, so I tried to keep my composure. He continued on cleaning out the inside of the cup. "...sure. Whatever you say." Grillby said.

How can he look through me like that?

"...the usual?" He asked. On the verge of tears, I could only manage a nod. He soon came back with a burger for me, and before I could grab the ketchup, he snatched it away. This caught me off guard, and I looked up at him.

"Hm? This bottle of ketchup?" He asked and chuckled softly. "Yeah, for my burger...?" I asked in confusion from why he had taken it. "Of course." He said and I smiled.

"After you tell me what is wrong." Grillby said. At first, I assumed he was joking. But then I saw his expression, and realized how serious he was. At first, I was speechless, but then came to my senses. "Why do you care?" I barked defensively.

"I mean...what does it matter?! Whether I'm upset or not, whether I tell you or not, why difference does it make...?! I-it's not like you could help me, so, why do you care?!" I asked and wiped a tear away from my eye before it ran down my cheek. He was silent for a minute.

I sniffled quietly, a tear streaming down my cheek. People were unaware that I was crying. I buried my face into the sleeve of my jacket and tried to calm myself down. I heard some footsteps and then I heard someone sit next to me. I glanced up to see it was Grillby. He put an arm around me, but only the sleeved part to avoid burnings.

"How could I not care...?" He asked. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged tightly. He hugged me too. Clothing surprisingly didn't get burned easily by him, so it was safe for us to hug. I tried not to cry too hard since he was made out of fire, and dealing with liquids wasn't his specialty.

"Your always doing what's best for everyone...always stressed...I don't know why, but seeing you break down like this...Sans...it isn't healthy. Seeing you cry is so...heart-breaking...." Grillby said. I sniffled and tried to toughen up a bit. "I'm worried, Sans. How could I not be...? I don't want to see you sad anymore, I want to be there for you."

My eyes widened. I didn't know how much Grillby actually cared. Now that I think about it, it had actually been obvious. He would always let me drink the ketchup when I was sad, he would always stay around for me to vent to him, and he would never charge me for my food when I had cried.

"Grillby....t...thanks." I said with a smile. I finally let go of him and he released me from the hug. My eyes widened when I saw his flamed had died down a bit. It was due to my tears. He must've seen my worried expression, cause he reacted quickly. "It's alright. I don't mind. I'm just glad I could help." He said happily and smiled.

I chuckled and smiled back, my eyes glistening from the water in my eyes. He laughed a laugh I had never heard before. I chuckled, even though I was confused on why he was laughing. His laugh was so cute...it was something totally new to me. He picked up on my confused look and smiled.

"Sorry, it's just...I've never helped anyone before, I could never be of any use and-!"

I cut him off by kissing him on the lips. I expected it to hurt, but instead, it felt...amazing. I didn't feel a burn, I felt a sensation that was unnatural. Hearts appeared in his eyes and his flames lit up. His warmth engulfed me. When the kiss finished, as both looked at each other in surprise.

"Y-your not b-burnt...?!" Grillby asked in surprise. I was surprised too. "...t..that was was amazing...!" I said happily, ignoring the question. His smile widened into a grin and he swept me off my feet, into a heartwarming hug. Everyone was watching us now, cheering happily. They didn't know what had happened, but they must've liked seeing this precious moment.

He was laughing so cutely at this point. At that moment, I couldn't have been happier. He had probably felt useless until now. Never stepping out of line to help another, but now he finally had broken the barrier he was never able to cross.

I'm glad he did.

(( I hope you all enjoyed it! Sorry if it seems rushed, I really did try my best! ))