Chapter Thirty-One: Bleeding Out

I spent the rest of the night after Whitney had gone to bed and the entire next day writing my statement, my testimony pretty much, against my mom. There was so much to say, I wasn't going to hold anything back this time like I had back when I was little and afraid of her. After reading it over thousands of times, I finally printed it off and was ready to take it to Dr. Robins the next day. It was Thursday night, so Whitney was out with a few friends who weren't guys, much to my surprise, so I made my way over to Taylor's at two in the morning after finishing my statement.

"Hey, you okay babe?" a groggy Taylor asked, opening the door to his room.

"Yeah, I just didn't want to be alone," I replied.

"Come on in then," he said, taking my hand in his and leading me to his bed where I curled up on the right side, just like I always did.

"You sure you're alright?" he asked as he laid down next to me.

"I finished my statement," I replied, "I'm taking it in tomorrow."
"Do you want to talk about the statement?" he asked.

"No," I replied, my eyes filling with tears, "I don't want to talk about it. But you can read it tomorrow."

"Okay," he said, "I'm here if you need me though, okay?" 

"Okay," I sniffled as I cried quietly into his chest.

###

I woke up the next morning bright and early to Taylor snoring like a drunk sailor next to me, his arm wrapped around me tightly.

Today was the day. Today was the day I was finally going to be free of my mother and what she had done to me. I was finally going to be free.

"Taylor, Taylor," I remarked, rolling over onto my stomach and leaning my head on my hand, "You're snoring again."

"Sorry," he replied groggily.

"I need to get up," I sighed, reading the time on the clock on the dresser, "I told Dr. Robins I'd drop off my statement at eleven."

"Want me to drive you there?" he asked.

"Can you please?" I asked.

"Of course," he replied, "I assume you need to swing by your place first though."

"Yeah, I'd like to not look like I just rolled out of bed," I replied.

"I'll be ready in five," he replied, getting out of bed.

"Sounds good," I replied.

###

I walked into Dr. Robins' office with a newfound confidence that morning. I was no longer scared of my mother and if she would find me because she was going to be far away from me and I would eventually have an order of protection against her so she would never be in my life ever again.

"I'm here to see Dr. Robins," I told the lady at the desk, showing her my ID tag from last time.

"Go right ahead," she smiled, pushing the button that unlocked the doors.

"Hello Tessa," Dr. Robins smiled as I walked into her office.

"Hi Dr. Robins," I said, coming in and sitting down at her desk, "Here's my statement. All of it, everything that ever happened with my mother."

"Thank you," she said, taking the papers from me, "And now if you'd just sign at the bottom and then I'll sign saying I saw you sign."

"Alright," I said, taking a pen from her and signing at the bottom of the last page.