wrapping presents

Josh looked over at his alarm clock that read: 12:00. He jumped up and raced to his closet and unplugged his phone. 'Why didn't my alarm go off this morning?' he rushed to get ready but looked at his phone with a text from Cory, his brother, lighting up on the screen. It read, "Josh? We still don't have an answer from you? When are you, mom and dad coming to our house?" Josh tumbled back into bed and remembered that tomorrow was Christmas and this year they were going over to Cory's house. He quickly responded with, "Mom said we'd be over around 10:30-ish." Then he put his phone down and tried falling back asleep. With no luck, Cory responded a few minutes later, causing his phone to vibrate on the desk, shocking Josh awake. He looked at his phone and read the text from Cory saying, "Okay. We'll be ready then. See you tomorrow Josh." And he responded saying, "See ya Cor!" hoping to end the conversation there, not because he didn't wanna talk to his brother, but because he was tired and wanted to crash without his phone buzzing and waking him up again. Josh threw his phone on his desk and crashed out on his bed, his mom would be waking him up soon to make him help get stuff ready for Christmas.
Around 1 o'clock, Amy Matthews started yelling at her son, she said things like, "Joshua Matthews! Get up! You've slept long enough! I need your help for tomorrow!" Josh finally rolled over and out of bed and threw on a t-shirt and went into the kitchen so his mom would stop yelling. "Okay mom, I'm here, what do I do?" he said, still sounding tired. "Go wrap the presents for Riley and Auggie. Then load those into the van and then come back and I'll give you Cory's and Topanga's. And so on. Meanwhile I'll be cooking here and yeah. Go ahead. Go. Start. Riley and Auggie's presents and the wrapping paper are over in the living room." said Amy. "Alright mom, I'll get on that." Josh said and then walked to the living room. He would've gotten his phone but frankly, not many people text him important things, anyone who ever texts him, can wait till later. Josh sat on the couch and started unloading the presents to wrap for his niece and nephew.
•••
A/N: So here's my new Joshaya book! I hope you guys like it! Sorry if this chapter was kinda boring. I promise, it gets better! Remember to keep commenting and voting!
All my love,
Jenny💓.