Newt Imagine: Can You Be Mine?

•Your P.O.V.•

I watered the plants in the field along with Newt, who was fixing the vines.

"Hey, [Insert your name here]," Newt said. "Can you hand me that watering can for a second. The vines look a little bit like they could use a drink." I handed him the watering can like he asked as he begun to water them.

"So...how are things going with you and Gally?" Newt asked.

"Eh..." I said, shrugging my shoulders.

"Eh? Well, what does that mean?" He asked, focusing on the vines in front of him.

"He's just gotten to be so mean ever since Thomas showed up," I said. "But, I mean, do you think he still likes me?"

"Probably..." Newt said, handing back the watering can.

There was a moment of silence.

"[Insert your name here]!" Gally yelled. I looked at Newt.

"Do you mind if I slip out of my job for a little bit to go talk to Gally?" I asked.

"Go right ahead." He replied, and I thanked him, walking toward Gally.

"Have you seen the Greenie? I need to teach him a lesson." Gally said angrily.

"Gally, maybe you're being just a little bit too harsh-" I started.

"Too harsh? Do you know what he did?" Gally asked.

"N-no..." I mumbled, slightly scared.

"Well, maybe you should care a little bit more," Gally said, gritting his teeth.

"Gally, I have been working-" I started.

"Working? You're not working. Your talking to Newt and just watering plants! A Griever could easily take your position," He stated. "You so worthless sometimes."

My eyes stung. "W-what do you mean by worthless? " I asked.

"We don't need you. We never needed a girl in the Glade. You're better off with the Grievers." Gally mumbled, before pushing me away.

I ran towards the room that I shared with Gally. I closed the door and locked it behind me. I sat on the bed, hugging my own pillow and crying my heart out into it.

I heard a knock on my door.

"Go away!" I yelled at the person.

"Hey, [Insert your name here]...its me. Newt," I heard a British accent say. "Can you unlock the door please?"

I slowly got myself off the bed and opened up the door after unlocking it.

Newt smiled at me, before walking inside. I sat on the bed.

"I saw what happened. You know everything that he said wasn't true right?" He said.

A tear fell down my cheek. Newt pulled me into a hug and I cried on his shoulder.

"It seems like he hates me so much." I cried.

"You still have me," Newt said.

"But that's it. I swear everyone else hates me too." I said.

"[Insert your name here], that is not true at all. Yeah, some people may not like you but everyone has enemies in life. People like you as a person, some may even love you and be seeing you makes there heart melt or have them fall weak on their knees. Someone is probably waiting for the right moment to ask you to be his girlfriend. There is someone who loves you. Someone who thinks your beautiful and smart and unique and amazing. Someone who wants to spend every second of their life with you. Someone who feels like that they can't live without you. I-I am that person and to be honest, I think I would still be locked in my room if I didn't see you." He said.

I lifted my head off of his shoulder to look him in the eyes. I kissed him on the lips for a few seconds. When I pulled away, I smiled.

"I love you too," I said.

He smiled. "Can you do me a big favour and be my [Insert your name here]?"

"Of course," I replied.