Chapter Eight

1822 — New Orleans, Louisiana

   Eleanor sat in the gold coloured sofa of her bedroom with her head down. She played with her fingers as she listened to Elijah and Klaus fight. The eldest Mikaelson had found out about how Eleanor planned on taking revenge on Nanette Passebon, and he became angry. As soon as he found out, he marched up the stairs, slammed the door open, and began to yell at Klaus. 

   "How incompetent are you, Niklaus?" Elijah yelled, throwing his hands in the air. "Why the hell would you think that it was a good idea to help Eleanor take her revenge."

   Klaus chuckled and rolled his eyes, throwing his head back with a smirk decorating his lips. "Would you please calm down, dear brother? This has nothing to do with you."

   "Nothing to do with me?" Elijah straightened his figure and crossed his arms, his facial features immediately calming down. "I am her teacher, Niklaus. Do I need to remind you it was I who taught her how to read and write, how to be a proper lady–"

   "You taught her how to perfect her reading and writing, not how to," Klaus chuckled. "Rebekah taught her how to dress and sit, how to stand regal. All you've done was give her books to read and papers to write. It is I who teaches her how to survive, which is essential."

   "Teach her to survive?" scoffed Elijah. "You do not teach her how to survive, Klaus, you do the opposite."

  "Stop!" Eleanor cut in. She moved to stand in front of Elijah, and laid her hands on his chest as she looked up at him. "Please, Elijah, do not blame Klaus. It was I."

   "What?" Elijah asked, surprised. "What do you mean it was you?"

   "It was I that asked him to teach me," she said. "I've desired to take my revenge on Nanette for so long, ever since she took me. None of this is Klaus's fault. If you want to blame someone, blame me."

   Elijah stared at her for several seconds, took a deep breath and took a step back. "You want to get killed? Fine. Do as you wish, Eleanor." He turned and marched out of the room, slamming the door behind him.

   At the sound of the door hitting the hinges, Eleanor jumped. She swallowed hard and looked down, tearing up. Never had she wanted Elijah to be angry at her, never had she wanted for him to be disappointed in her, but he was. She had never imagined for Elijah's anger to make her stomach flip, to make her want to lean over and throw up. With a frown on her face, she laid her hand on her stomach and stare at the closed door.

   "Let him be," Klaus said with a chuckle. "He's bound to cool down at any moment."

   "He's angry at me," she said, trailing off with the same frown on her lips. "Everything feels wrong with him being angry at me."

   Klaus, once again, let out a chuckle. "You're loyalty is in the wrong side, love. It's supposed to be with me, not him."

   Eleanor turned and glared at the man she had idolized since she turned, the very man that turned her. She had glared at him numerous times, but she couldn't help but feel angry towards him. "My loyalties are supposed to lie with you?" she asked, slowly, threateningly. "My loyalties lie with whomever I think they should lie, have it be Elijah or you."

   In three quick strides, Klaus had made his way to her and held her by the throat. His blue eyes were hard, threatening. "Your loyalties lie with me, Eleanor," he spat. "I created you, and I can undo you just as fast."

   "Do it," she spat at him, almost bearing her teeth. "Undo me just like you created me, Klaus."

   Klaus let out an amused chuckle and tightened his hold on her neck, just barely choking her. He lifted his finger up, pointing at her with that amused yet angry smirk. "You are a tempting woman, Eleanor Fraser."