16.

We landed in a desolate area. One small dome seemed to stick out above the rest of the desert. It looked so dry here, I could see why someone might resent it.

"I hate sand.." Anakin coughed as we exited the ship and sand was kicked up to float around our faces.

"Like I said: cozy, right?" I said optimistically, he rolled his eyes and we walked towards the dome.

"Ah! Hello there, and welcome! How might I be of service? I am C-"

"3PO?" Anakin cuts the dusty gold droid off, walking up and examining him.

"Why- The maker! Master Ani! I just knew you would return! It is so wonderful to see you back!" C3PO exclaims, gleefully.

"You made him?" I ask.

"Before I left.." Anakin looks at his old droid, the poor thing looked like he was barely together.

"And you have brought a new face?" C3PO turns to me, just as I'm about to introduce myself Anakin cuts me off.

"3PO, I'm looking for my mother." He asks him. The Droid straightens,

"Perhaps we shall move indoors then." He nods and leads us inside to the little igloo home that leads to a much larger under ground home.

C3PO introduces us to a man and his girlfriend. The man is very dirty, definitely a farmer if I ever saw one. I wondered how anyone could farm anything on this planet.

"I have two very important visitors!" 3PO announced.

"I'm Anakin Skywalker." Anakin introduces himself quickly. "And this is (Y/N)." He leaves off my last name and rank, it's probably better for secrecy.

"Owen Lars, and this my girlfriend Beru." Owen introduces them, Beru says a quick hello, and offering a hand shake. "You're Shmi's son?" Owen asked, wiping his hands. Anakin nodded, "Well then I guess I'm your step brother. I had a feeling the day would come where you'd come back."

"Is my mother here?" Anakin asks again, shrugging off his family.

"No, she's not." A voice from behind us speaks. "Cliegg Lars. Shmi is my wife." A tired man in a moving chair comes to us. He shakes both of our hands. We should go inside, join us for dinner. We have a lot to talk about."

He guides us inside. Anakin pulls a chair out for me and then sits next to me as the others sit around the table. Cliegg tries to make small talk at first but Anakin makes it pretty clear that's not what he's interested in.

Beru comes and brings us beverages and plates, which we all thank her for kindly.

"It was just before dawn, they came out of nowhere - the hunting party of, uh, Tuscan Raiders. Your mother went out early to pick mushrooms that grow on the evaporators, as she always did. And from the tracks she was probably about halfway home, when they took her. Those Tuscans walk like men but they are vicious, mindless monsters. 30 of us went after her, only 4 of us came back. I'd be out there with them now, but ever since I lost my leg I just couldn't ride anymore, until I heal." Lars told us, I wasn't listening. I was looking at Anakin. I wanted so bad to reach out and touch him. He was trying so hard not to shout or cry. Lars noticed it to. "I don't wanna give up on her. But she's been gone a month. There's little hope she's lasted this long."

Theres a small silence before Anakin stands, and begins to leave. I grab his wrist to make him stay, Owen speaks before I can.

"Where are you going?" Owen asks.

"To go find my mother." He doesn't even look at Owen. Only at me. I could feel his pulse quickening. He slips his wrist from my fingers.

"Your mother's dead, son. Accept it." Lars says, trying to help but he only made it worse. Anakin walks away, anyway. Lars starts to turn his chair but I stop him.

"Thank you all so much, you're all very nice people. His mother has been in good hands. But I will handle Anakin." I grab mine and Anakins cloaks. "I'm sure he's thankful as well." I nod then run after Anakin.

"Anakin!" I run up to him as he's preparing a speeder.

"You're going to have to stay here." Anakin says, his body stripped of emotion.

"I can't let you do this, it's too dangerous." I say from behind him.

"These are good people, (Y/N). You'll be safe here." Anakin turns to me finally.

"But you won't be." I protest.

"I need to do this." He pleads. He stares at my eyes. I see how close he is to tears.

"Then I'm going with you." I decide. I start to walk past him but he grabs my waist.

"Woah, woah, woah. No you can't." He says, "One of us at least has to be safe."

"We have a better chance of survival together." I try, but I know he won't budge. And I can't really stop him from going after his mother. It's his mother. I would do the same.

"I can't lose both you and my mother." Anakin puts a hand on my face. I push into it, trying take him in.

Even if what he says is a lie, I try to believe him. This is a small token that feeds my soul. He kisses my forehead and holds me to his chest. I grab onto his clothes to keep him here as long as I can, but he knows that each second he's with me is a another second his mother is with the Tuscan Raiders.

"I have to do this." He lifts my chin so our eyes are met. I can see everything in his eyes, the truth in them.

"I know." I whisper, lost in him. He looks at my lips, but I can't let him do that. I look at my feet, taking his hand into mine.

"I'll be back soon." He promises, "Then I will take you somewhere much safer, I promise." He squeezes my hand, and holds his forehead to mine.

He slowly releases me, taking his cloak from me. And I watch him get on that speeder. He does one last look, then leaves. I wish I kissed him. Even if his love isn't true, even if he's only lonely, even if both of us are just being children and giving into our hormones. I long to have kissed him, but to avoid any kind of hurt in the future it's better to keep the kissing away from the lips. No matter how much I want to.

Owen then comes out of the home and sees Anakin leaving.

"You just let him leave?" Owen asks.

"I didn't want him to, but he needs to. He's one of the most powerful Jedi the Order has ever seen. He'll be alright." I say, trying to convince myself more than Owen.

"It's too dangerous there are too many. Jedi or not." Owen says, shaking his head. I bite my lip. I know it's true.

He can't go on his own, what was I thinking? I've never been one just to sit and wait, or not help when help is really needed. This isn't me at all. I don't care if he wants me to be "safe," I'm not helpless.

"Do you have another speeder?"