Chapter 36: Yer Hut

Harry knocked on the door of Hagrid's hut. Rose hadn't been there before but the rest of them visited near the beginning of the school year. The door opened and Hagrid appeared, He looked down and noticed the kids at his doorstep and smiled at them. He always loved having visitors come down to his hut.

"'Ello you lot. Come in come in. I'll make some tea for us eh?" Hagris said moving to the side so they could crowd into his small house. Fang started barking loudly at them. Hagrid shushed him and went to work getting out a giant tea kettle.

Rose looked around in wonder. She had never seen anywhere like this before. It was very small, but they way Hagrid used the space was so efficient that they could all fit. It was very homey in comparison to her house.

"So why are you lot paying me a visit eh? Just come for some of my famous cakes?" Hagrid said. The rest of them looked uneasy at the mention of his cakes and decided not to have any.

"Well we wanted to talk to you about a problem we had, we accidentally walked into a room and there was a giant three headed dog..." Ron said with no subtlety.

"Oh yer talking 'bout Fluffy." Hagrid said pouring them all large cups of tea. They looked at him in confusion before he went on.

"Well he's the dog you saw. I should know, I raised him me self." Hagrid said proudly.

"Well it seemed like Fluffy was standing on a trap door. Maybe guarding something... what do you think it is?" Hermione asked carefully. Hagrid nearly spit out his drink.

"I can't tell you lot that. Dumboldore trusts me not to tell anyone!" Hagrid said glaring at them.

"But Hagrid this is important!" Ron said.

"Look it's not your business. The only people it concerns are Albus Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel. Now I shouldn't have even said that." Hagrid said gruffly. They talked about the game and school for some time after that until Hagrid exclaimed that it was way past curfew.

"You lot best be getting back into the castle before you get in trouble because of me." He said shooing them out. They walked slowly back up to the castle discussing what Hagrid had told them about the door.

"The real question is who is Nicolas Flamel and what does he have to do with Dumbledore?" Harry said. Rose nodded along with him.

"Well I'll go strait to the library before class tomorrow and do some research. We have to figure out who that guy is as soon as possible." Every one agreed upon arriving at Gryffindor common room and they all went up to their respective dormitorys.

Something about the name Nicolas Flamel stuck with Rose but she just couldn't place where she heard it before. Trying to remember Rose sunk into a rocky sleep.