Chapter 15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

As soon as I heard Mr. Kerrington's voice I knew I was going to get scolded. I was in working schedule and kissing a man in my office. I wouldn't blame Mr. Kerrington. It was unprofessional of me to be kissing Max in my office. I would have been more mortified than I was now if it had been a client or someone from another company coming into my office, instead of Mr. Kerrington. He cleared his throat since I was still on Max's embrace.

"Can you wait for me outside?" I asked Max, taking a step back.

He nodded and gave me one last peck before exiting my office, suppressing a grin. Bastard. Was he planning on getting me in more trouble than I already was?

"Mr. Kerrington" I began, "I apologize for my indiscretion and how unprofessional what you just witnessed was. I can assure it won't happen again" I apologized. I wanted to apologize before he had the chance to call me out on it. I was jeopardizing my job and position in the company.

"I hope so," Mr. Kerrington sighed before rubbing his face with his hand. He clearly was stressed and my little show had probably made it worse. If Max would've controlled his wandering mouth and hands... However, his stress had prevented him from discussing my mistake any further.

"Back to what I really came here for," Mr. Kerrington spoke "I wanted to know how far your work for the launch is. Some of the employees are running out of time and I wanted to make sure you weren't one of them. The less, the better"

The launch was this Sunday and I couldn't wait for it to arrive just so I was able to escape the hell hole - full of stress and anxiety - I was in. "I just need to finish making a few calls concerning the venue and my work is done. I am sure that by the end of the day, I will be done with everything" I assured

"Great. Thank you" Mr. Kerrington exclaimed in relief as he exited my office "And Ella" He spoke, catching my attention again as I walked back to my desk "Please" He said, emphasizing the word

I nodded. Mr. Kerrington gave Max a subtle glare as he left my office. Max entered and closed the door, locking it, this time.

"Don't even think about it," I warned.

Max pulled me into him, placing his hands on the small of my back. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get you in trouble." He apologized, suppressing a grin again.

"I can definitely see how sorry you are," I remarked before continuing, "I won't be able to have lunch with you. I have to finish doing a few calls before the end of the day and if I go, I won't be able to" I laughed as Max feigned a pout. "I'll see you later, you've caused me enough trouble" I quickly peck him on the cheek before heading to sit behind my desk.

***

Max picked me up after my work was done at the office. I said my goodbyes to Mr. Kerrington saying I'd see him on Sunday for the launch. I opened the door to Max's Range Rover, seating on the passenger seat. He had removed jacket of his suit and his tie. The first few buttons of his shirt were unbuttoned, revealing a tad of tanned skin of his chest. His sleeves were rolled up to his forearms.

"Hey," I said, closing the door and placing my purse in my lap to buckle the seat belt. "How was your day?"

"Full of hunger" He pouted

"That was your fault." I laughed "You shouldn't have taken advantage of the moment"

"Your lips were the ones who tempted me!" I laughed again enjoying Max's playfulness today. It meant he was happy and it made me feel good knowing he was.

"Well, I deeply apologize, Mr. Wilde." I mocked.

Max rolled his eyes and started driving.

Half way through our ride, Max reached out and took my hand in his. I smiled as his thumb caressed my hand.