07 / Trade

daily drop:

what are your wattpad settings when you read? and also what theme? black, white, or brown?

mine is Baskerville to the smallest font, brown theme.

dedicated to @pickapebble 🌸

(to my fellow Blue-obsessed.)

07 / Trade

Harper / POV

"We can't go together. It's going to be fishy." I tell Alexander, who was already loading the bags into the back of his Ford.

He turns to me and raises his eyebrows. "You're being too paranoid."

"They're gonna think we're living together." I complained and he laughed.

"Because we are living together..?" He looked at me like I was stupid.

"No we're not..i'm just..we're.." I tilted my head and thought. "I'm renting a room." I said.

"Yea? With what money?" He smiles as he opens the door for me.

Right. I don't really have much money on me, and even if I did, I'm pretty sure I couldn't afford it.

He closes the door and walks to the driver's seat.

"I'm just saying, I don't want to be a burden to you, okay." I tell him honestly, frowning while I do.

He turns the engine on. "Please, when were you ever?" He laughs and drives away.

"Letting Cassie and I stay in your house for free doesn't make me happy at all. It makes me feel like i'm leeching on you." I looked out the window.

"You're not, come on." He tries to comfort me. I roll my eyes.

"I'm serious, Alexander. From carpooling my sister, picking me up from work, beating Henry's ass, and letting us live in your house, and this stupid trip, I feel really horrendous because I can't pay you back for any of those."

I hear him sigh. "I'm not asking for a payment." He says and I can sense he was already getting so impatient with my stubbornness.

"You know what I mean." I tell him.

Then Melanie suddenly comes into mind. "Maybe I can stay over Melanie's." I blurt out.

"What? No." He says. I look over at him. "Dude, if I can convince her to let me rent a room, it would be in a much cheaper, and affordable price." I insisted.

"No way." He looks at me briefly before moving his eyes back on the road.

"Plus, she has a great aunt. I wouldn't mind having her aunt." I shrugged now that I actually thought about how caring her aunt is.

"Fine just pay me back if you feel so bad about staying in my house for free." He says.

"I can't, your toilet costs more than my apartment." I joked.

"Three dates." He shrugs.

I raised my eyebrows. "Three dates?"

"Go on three dates with me." He looks my way with a cheeky smile in his face.

I put one finger on his cheek and moved his face front, facing the road.

"Not a chance."

"Well would you rather pay?"