2

"Oh, you have got to be kidding me," Mia glared at the giant mob outside the school and the numerous TV vans, not to mention all the reporters. Several news stations were doing a live broadcast outside the Alexandrettia, their faces serious, yet inquisitive. This could only mean one thing, given the recent circumstances...

"I'm gonna kill him," Mia said to herself, clenching her fists. "I'm actually gonna murder his ass."

"Mia! Mia, you gotta come see this!" Zoe and Anna came running out of the front doors, gasping for their breaths. "It's unbelievable, come on!"

"What? What did he trash this time?" She growled at her friends who immediately started dragging and pulling her inside the school, passing the barrier of reporters. "Did he steal something? I wouldn't be surprised."

"It has nothing to do with yesterday!" Zoe excitedly squealed. She never squealed. She was emo for Pete's sake. "This is something completely unrelated!"

"What is it?" Mia curiously asked, now getting her interest piqued. If it wasn't more vandalism, then what was it? What could possibly draw so many reporters out of their tabloid dens to a pristine school?

"Do you remember what I told you yesterday?" Zoe frantically asked as her and Anna continued to lead her down the hall, towards another massive crowd that had gathered around a specific door.

"Told me about what? You say a lot of things, Zo," Mia pointed out while her arm was getting pulled off. "What are you talking about?"

"The Fermat math problem!" Zoe almost shouted. "The one that nobody has been able to solve!"

"Yeah, what about it?" Mia frowned. "Don't tell me that someone actually—"

"—someone actually solved it!" Zoe squealed, jumping up and down from the excitement. In all her years of knowing Zoe, Mia had never seen her behave like this. "It's unbelievable, but that's not even the crazy part!"

"Then what is?" Mia asked as Anna and her squished her through the dense crowd in front of what Mia now knew was the Advanced Math auditorium. Working their way through reporters and other curious students, they finally made it to the other side.

"Nobody knows who solved it!" Zoe excitedly finished, gesturing to the giant blackboard.

Written across every inch of the right side of the blackboard, the mathematical problem offered by Mr Bleacher, Zoe's Math professor, posed itself proudly.

But it was the left side that had everyone losing their minds and probably had all the reporters in town circling the building like a giant pray.

With tight, thick letters, the longest, most brain-wrecking solution had been offered by a source it seemed nobody know. The equation was so long that whoever wrote it had written it in tiny letters to be able to fit it onto the blackboard. Even Mia who wasn't a mathematician could understand why everyone was staring at it with wide eyes. It was...

"Amazing," She breathed aloud, glaring shocked at the blackboard like the rest of them. "How can they not know who did it? Nobody's come forward yet?"

"Nope, and everyone here is in shock!" Zoe told in a voice just as befuddled as her own. "You should've seen the look on Bleacher's face this morning when he came into class! We were all staring at the board, and then when he saw it, he ordered everyone to step back and call the principal! I swear, he looked like a ghost!"