More Than Words

E.J's P.O.V

I felt something very hard hit my face.

“What the hell?” I opened my eyes and saw Elasha hovering over me, wait why is she standing over me? I then realized I was on the floor, I moaned and she kicked my side.

"Aw, damn that hurt, Elasha." I mumbled in a sheepish manner.

"Idiot, I can’t believe you! You have had three months to stop her! But no, you chose to drown yourself in self pity and liquor.

You’re such a mess that I had to get my own place and take in Lynn. You’re a pathetic excuse for a man, no make that a boy-" I cut her off, because I was getting tired of her rambling on about how I have basically trashed my life…

"Chill, Elasha-"

"Chill! Chill! How dare you say that to me?! I am only 17 and I had to get an apartment, and take care of a child that your

suppose to be taking care of! Do you realize what child services will do when they find out?! Lynn will be gone faster than you can say ‘I am an idiot’, which by the way you are!"

"What the hell do you want me to do, Elasha?" I asked sitting up and rubbing my eyes. After a second Elasha huffed in a dramatic manner, I looked up at her to see her glaring at me with pure anger. I sighed and then had a feeling what she wanted me to do.

"What do I want you to do?!” She yelled. “I want you to get a freaking shower, get changed, throw away all the liquor in the house, and then go stop the wedding." Elasha shouted.

"Stop the wedding?” I said in a you-got-to-be-kidding-me look. “Can't see that she loves Adrian, always has, and always will. I am nothing to her." Elasha bent down and smacked me across my face. “Abusive much?” I said out loud.

"Only to you because you are so stupid; the only person she likes is you! Now get the hell off the floor! And! Stop! The! Wedding!" I sat there for a second thinking if I should ruin Vanessa’s wedding day by just showing up…She will probably be mad at me and kick me out. I don’t want to be regretted, I love her, but I don’t think she loves me too. “Now!” She shouted, I quickly got up thinking, Oh well I guess we shall find out…

~~~

I looked over at Elasha who was sitting there with a smile, full of victory.

"This is not going to work, I am telling you.” I said. “I can't just walk into that church and say ‘I am in love with you, Vanessa, forget what your family thinks, and forget that you like Adrian, I want you to be with me and me only.’ It sounds so corny and she will never go for it." I grabbed the stirring wheel harder and harder with every word I said.

"That is exactly what you’re going to do, but you have thirty minutes before the wedding, so that give you enough time to

decide what you want to say." Elasha then got out of the car. “And it’s not corny what you just said; I find it romantic a part of me thinks she will too…Just word it a little differently.” She stated.