Chapter 23

Let me know what cha think :)

"Well. I'll be back to check up on you in a little while".

Asami smiled. "Okay. Thanks doctor".

The doctor smiled back. He turned and walked out of the room, closing the sliding door behind him. Asami sighed, finally having a moment to relax. She looked up at the tv that had been turned on for her.

Asami laid her head back, deep in thought. She was exhausted from everything that had happened earlier. That duel with Tonraq took a toll on her energy.

Asami couldn't help but think back to the kiss she shared with Korra a while back. That meant that Korra liked her back for sure. She kissed back after all. Asami smiled. The kiss was amazing. Not exactly the way she imagined it'd happen. Bolin had totally called it. Who know that he could have such a story line for the two girls' first kiss. And it actually happened!! Asami laughed to herself.  Asami wonder how he and Mako were doing.

Asami was taken out of her thoughts when she heard the sliding of her room door. Turning her head, she saw Opal and Jinora. The two girls walked over to her, smiling.

"Hey", Opal said, closing the door behind her. "How you feeling??".

Asami smiled. "Hey guys. I feel tired but great".

Jinora sat on the hospital bed.

"Mako and Bolin told us about your battle with Korra's dad", she said. "You really went against him??".

Asami nodded. "Yeah. I didn't exactly have a choice. I wasn't about to let him get to Korra".

Opal and Jinora looked at eachother, grinning. Looking at Asami, Opal giggled.

"Speaking of Korra, it's about time you kissed her".

Asami blushed. The girls squealed quietly.

"I couldn't believe it", Jinora said. "It was so adorable and kinda romantic the way you spoke to her and held her in your arms".

Asami smiled. "Well, I thought it was the perfect moment to tell her".

"It was", Opal said. "Bolin was fangirlling about it a few minutes ago. He said it was the cutest thing he's ever seen and he was do excited when it happened. We were too".

"How are they??", Asami asked.

"They're okay", Jinora said. "Just a few scratches and bruises. Nothing too serious. We haven't seen Korra yet".

Asami frowned. "I'm worried about her. She got really messed up in those woods. She sprained an ankle, probably fractured it from walking on it. She looked horrible".

Asami bit her lip. She wished she could go find her right away but she'd have to wait.

There was a sudden knock. The girls turned their heads to see the doctor coming in. He smiled at the teens.

"Hi girls", he said.

He looked at Asami.

"Asami. Looks like you're alright and you're free to go".

"Um doctor??", Asami said. "I was wondering if you've seen our friend. She was rushed here with me and my other friends".

"Sure. What's her name??", the man asked.

"Korra Waters. Dark brown hair, blue eyes, tan skin. Bruises up, with a torn shirt and came to the hospital covered in dirt and most likely unconscious".

"Ah yes", the doctor said, smiling. "I was just in her room a moment ago".

"How is she??", Opal asked.

"I can take you to her room so you can see for yourselves", he replied.

The three nodded. Asami got off the bed. The girls followed him down a few hallways. Asami knew she probably still looked like she narrowly survived death, but didn't care. She needed to see Korra.

They turned a corner. Asami saw Bolin and Mako by one of the rooms.

"Look", she said to the girls. "It's Mako and Bolin. Guys!!".

The guys looked their way and smiled. The group met up.

"You guys alright??", Asami asked.

"We're good", Bolin said. "A little sore myself and really tired but I'm feeling great".

Asami smiled. "I was just let out. Are you guys here to see Korra too??".

"Yeah", Mako said. "But we decided to wait for you to get here. She's your girlfriend after all".

Asami blushed. They all either grinned, giggled or smirked at her reaction.

"Actually", Asami said. "I never asked her to be my girlfriend. So technically she's not my girlfriend".

"Yet", Bolin said. "She's not your girlfriend YET".

Asami giggled. "Maybe when I ask her and if she says yes".

Asami turned and pushed the glass door opened. The group walked inside. Asami clasped her hands together over her chest. Korra was laid on the hospital bed, still unconscious.

"Is she gunna be okay??", Bolin asked the doctor.

The man looked at the teens. He smiled.

"She should be alright but we can't be sure until she wakes up. All we can say is that she collapsed because of exhaustion and her body was under alot of stress. She'll wake up. When??. We don't know. Think of it as a self-induced coma".

A coma??. Asami looked at Korra. Her Korra was in a coma. Asami felt like her heart sank to her stomach.

She slowly walked over to the bed. Sitting down, Asami looked at the unconscious girl. She looked exhausted. Circles were under her eyes. Her long hair was tangle and had leaves stuck in the dark brown locks of hair. Her face and arms were scratched up. He clothes had been torn probably from falling and tumbling down stuck and bush covered hills.

"Are there any serious injuries??", she heard Opal ask.

"Well", the doctor said. "She had a broken ankle. She'll in a cast for a few months. She has many bruises and cuts and scrapes. Not surprising after what went on in the woods, on the run from her father for hours on end".

Asami looked back at Korra. She reached a hand out. Tucking a loose strand of hair, she smiled softly. Resting a hand on Korra's face, she lightly ran her thumb over the dirt covered skin.

"I love you", she whispered.

Leaning over, she kissed Korra on the lips. Pulling away, she sighed. Asami looked at the others.

They all smiled. Suddenly their faces changed to shock. Mako was pointing at something. Asami raised an eyebrow.

"What??".

Asami turned her head. Her eyes widened. She shifted so she was facing Korra. Korra was moving. The teen's head moved, her facial expression changing. The others rushed over the bed.

They all watched as Korra's eyes blinked open. It took a while for her to adjust but once she did, she immediately saw Asami. She smiled.

"I feel like sleeping beauty".

Asami laughed. She leaned over and gently hugged Korra, wrapping her arms around her. She was relieved. Korra was awake and smiling. She was okay. If she was okay, so was Asami.

Let me know what you think :) wasn't this cute??