Chapter 22.

Lauren's POV

I was doing this to her and it was killing me inside. The look on her face when the words had escaped me will forever haunt my mind for the rest of my life, I was sure of it. The way her beautiful, chocolate brown eyes shed broken tears, wide in fear and hope all at once...as if expecting me to laugh and tell her it was all a joke. The way her pretty pink lips quivered in angst in need to keep her tears from taking over, and spilling down her rosy pink cheeks.

It killed me to read her thoughts as well. I hated myself for taking her most private thoughts from her, but it wasn't my choice anymore. Everything she would think of would print over my own thoughts whenever I was around her. She didn't know it yet, but she could always read my thoughts as well.

I felt like a complete idiot for letting myself fall for her like that. I knew I would hurt her and make her feel the pain I did throughout all these years; but I couldn't help it. The way I felt for this girl exceeded the limit the day she had promised me after she wouldn't love me when we met in my dorm.

Camila had promised me she would never love me, yes. But she was a stubborn one. She chose to disregard her promise and love me anyways. I could feel the charm that radiated off of her the first day we met, and it killed me. I knew she loved me since the very first day we met...and it wasn't back in the dorm, either. I had met her since the very first day she arrived to Hogwarts.

She just didn't know it.

I look down at my sacred journal, noticing the mere drops of my own tears staining the old ink I used to write with during my encounter with the chocolate eyed girl that stole my heart. I look up and wipe the tears slowly, sighing as I sit over my own stool in the same dorm I spend my whole life in.

I was back home, all alone again.

But it was the right thing to do. I had to stay back in here, I had to. I knew that stepping out of this dorm would be a bad thing since the very first time. I knew I would hurt someone like I always did and I was starting to believe that dying alone in this very dorm is what was best for everyone else.

What was best for a Camila...

I wrap my arms around my knees, pulling them closer to my chest, that ached with the loss of the one I loved. Is this what a heartbreak felt like? I didn't know...But I did know that pushing Camila away was the most painful thing I've ever felt my whole life, surpassing any emotional or even physical pain.

I force myself to my smile, remembering the first time I had met Camila, whispering and repeating the words she spoke to me that very day, "Why do people hate you?"

I feel a small laugh bubble up my throat, a sinful tear slipping down my throat as I force myself to choke back a small sob. Back when everything was better for me.

Back when I actually had her...

"Why does everyone hate you?"

My drooped green eyes stay intact with the small flower in my hand as I sat over the large quiet grassland. From the corner of my eyes, I spot small feet, wearing worn back boots that seemed to be covered in recent dirt.

There was only one other child that lived near the grounds of Hogwarts and that was Camila Cabello, who I had come to learn had also been sen there because of her parents death. I don't look up immediately, nor do I answer her question, so I settle with asking her,

"Where are you supposed to be, witch?"

I try not to look up and inspect the girl, my curiosity peaking to get the best of me. I could hear her heartbeat, loud but steady as she continued to observe me, my attire very intimidating to her I could tell.