Nine of Clubs

A/N: I'm baaaack! I am feeling much better after a long weekend up at the camp. I was supposed to leave saturday night and got kidnapped Friday night by my boyfriend so we got an extra night of camping in :D Amazingly enough, I feel much better now :D

________________________________________________________________________________________

Maddison's eyes felt huge as she drove. He wanted to talk.... West wanted to talk to her. Oh lord. Mad tried not to feel like throwing up everything she had eaten at the party. A man telling her that he thought they needed to talk was NEVER a good sign. Patrick had used those words....

The sound of a ringtone broke her out of the paniced haze she felt herself slipping into. Maddison raised an eyebrow as West slid his cell phone to his ear. "Honey?"

Maddison almost stomped on the brakes right then and there. She felt the tremble of a tear in her eye as she realized that West really did already have a girlfriend and that everything else was just.... a man being a dog.

"He did what?" West's tone went deadly soft and Maddison actually did pull her car over to the side of the road. Screw subtle, this covnersation just got interesting and she wanted to try and hear the other side. "No baby girl, it's alright, I'm coming. I'm bringing someone with me, she'll be able to help." Maddison frowned as she could only hear West's end of the conversation. It was sounding less and less like he was talking to his other girlfriend and more like something serious had happened. "Love you too pipsqueak." West clicked the phone shut.

Maddison stared at West for a minute, watchnig as he closed his eyes and tried to take a deep breath, simmering just this side of pure fury. West made Maddison jump when his fist shot out and collided with her dashboard, the impact unfortunately convincing the beat up car that it had just been in an accident. The airbag on his side deployed, filling the cab of the car with a white smokey powder. Both Maddison and West were coughing, desperately trying to roll down the windows. Mad could hear West swearing sulphuriously, thankfully in his native tongue so that the family with a toddler walking by didn't get inundated with foul language. It may be late on New Year's, but it was still family time!

"Maybe if you start at the beginning, I'll have a clue and can help you swear even more." Maddison suggested as West looked ready to bite nail heads off and spit out BBs.

West looked at Maddison and she could see that his eyes were an electrical fire of vengeance and anger. But as they locked eyes, she couldn't help but feel as if he was getting a chance to step away from the killing rage filling him, and react with a more reasonable form of punishment. "My younger sister, Honey, is sixteen. I have one older and one even younger, but I'll get to them later. For Christmas, Honey decided to give her boyfriend Trevor, the nineteen year old, her virginity." West started to explain. Maddison could tell by the look on his face just what West thought about his little sister's 'gift'. "Well tonight, apparently she decided to sneak out of the house and go see him to 'celebrate' New Years. Only when she got to his place it was to find him in bed with two other women."

Maddison started her car and pulled out into traffic, confident in where she needed to drive to. "I've got one stop to make before you drop me off at your sister's." Maddison announced, making West frown. Mad smiled, a grim little smile. "I need to pick up ice cream. Then you can borrow my car and duct tape him naked outside of the prison."

Maddison saw the flash of West's teeth as he grinned at her. "I was thinking of something more humiliating and less humane, but I like the way you think Maddison."

After picking up a tub of Ben and Jerry's, West took over driving while Maddison tried not to feel too empathetic for Honey. But it helped that she knew exactly how badly it hurt to have that innocent love thrown back in your face like it was worthless. West stopped the car outside a rather goregous, sprawling Ranch house. Although it was only one story high, it was more than large enough to have a handful of guest rooms set aside and a small army of bathrooms all over. Maddison scrambled out of her own car to follow along behind West as he walked up the carefully detailed driveway, passed cars that cost more than Maddison's family home. She tried not to gawk at the Audi, but it was hard not to, she had never seen one in Barbie pink before.