Chap 3 (I've never told a lie, and that makes me a liar)

Michael

Walking 4 blocks to Calum's soccer practice was definitely not what I had planned for my Friday afternoon, but that was where I found myself.

Calum practically begged me to come for the reasons that 1. He left his phone charger at my apartment, and 2. He "Loved me very much and promised me food for when the practice was over."

I reluctantly agreed and decided on saving my gas money for the day, so I walked. My feet carried me into the gates of the soccer complex and all the way to the bleachers sat on the side of the field. There were other spectators, family members or scouts probably, and I took at seat as far from them as possible.

An hour later, I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked up to see a little girl. She seemed to be about 6 and her hair was up in crazy pigtails. "Hi mister. I like your hair a lot. It's my bubba's favorite color. I like my bubba a lot too. He sings to me to give me good dreams-" The girl kept rambling on and I couldn't help but laugh at how fast she got off track. "-but yea I like your hair. Can I touch it? It looks soft." "Thank you very much. And of course go right ahead." I bent over slightly so she could reach.

I felt small fingers running through my newly cut and dyed hair and I heard a giggle. "I was right! Your hair is super soft, like a kitten!" She exclaimed.

I continued talking to the girl. I knew she was probably one of the players' siblings (or maybe even daughter but I doubt it). She was unbelievably sweet and seemed quite infatuated with her bubba. Her motions were big and she used her whole body when she talked, her face lighting up at various parts of her stories.

Before I knew it, Calum was running over to me, sweat dripping down his face. "Hey- oh? I see you've met Jasey. She's quite the talker isn't she?" He smiled, going to squeeze her cheeks. She squealed when he did so and hid behind me. "Kitten help me hide!" She screamed and grabbed my hand, pulling me with her.

She pulled us over to another field, this one vacant, and stuck out her tongue at Calum. I laughed, "Jasey, you should probably go find your parents now, practice is over." "I'm not here with my parents silly. I'm here with my bubba." She said, "but you're right. I gotta go Kitten, but promise you'll be here next time?" She held out her pinky. I grabbed it with mine, "Pinky promise."

Her little legs carried her off as I made my way to Calum. "Adorable, isn't she?" He said. I nodded my head, smiling.

We walked away from the field laughing and talking about whatever came to mind. "I believe I was promised food?" I said and raised my eyebrows at him. "Damn I was hoping you forgot." He laughed.

"I never forget about food, my friend." I said seriously, before we broke out into laughter.

-

Short update. Sorry for any mistakes.

Let me know your opinions of this story and things I can do better plz.

Also, Michael's hair is the best thing to happen all year IT SUITS HIM SO WELL

Have a great day/night wherever you are :)

I LAVA YOU

-Em