The Last Homely House

Frodo's POV
I woke up a slight pain in my shoulder from where I had been stabbed. I was frightened, "where am I?" 

A familiar voice answers my question, a voice I am very relieved to hear, " you are in the House of Elrond, and it is ten o'clock in the morning on October the twenty-fourth, if you want to know," said Gandalf. 

I smile at him, a small, weak smile, but still a smile.

"What happened Gandalf?" I asked, "why didn't you come?" I continued. 

"I'm sorry Frodo" he replied, a troubled look came over him then, "I was delayed," he finished. 

Gandalf seemed to look into the distance than, the troubled look deepening on his aged face. After a few minutes Sam just about flew into my room. 

"Bless you, you're awake!" he yelled, hugging me gently. I could hear the relief in his voice. Gandalf explained how I was healed by the Lord of Rivendell an Elf by the name of Elrond. The Elf in question looked at me and smiled, I could see many years of both happiness and grief in his eyes, though his body didn't look to have aged past that of a 30 year old man.

When I am strong enough to stand Sam and I go for a walk, I don't know how long we had been walking when we heard two very familiar voices. 

Rounding a corner I saw none other than Merry and Pippin, I ran to them, grabbing them both and hugging them. But I notice someone missing, pulling back I look at Sam "where is Ithilwen" I ask. 

Sam looks over my shoulder and smiles. Turning around I see them, Bilbo and Ithilwen. 

"Bilbo!" I shout running to my uncle and embracing him. He has aged greatly since we last met. 

"Frodo, my Lad!" He exclaims happily. 

To our right I hear a heavenly giggle, looking to my right I see Ithilwen. 

I gasp, she looks absolutely beautiful. The elves had given her an outfit that complemented her completely. 

Letting go of my uncle I practically tackle her to the ground for a hug. Since we first met I have felt a brotherly bond with her. 

"I have missed you so much Frodo, I was so scared" she whispered and I just held her tighter.

Ithilwen's POV
We had just entered Rivendell. I gasped when I saw the sight before me. It was gorgeous, there were flowers everywhere and the buildings were breath taking. 

I followed Strider as we approached the Last Homely House as he called it. I still hadn't revealed my self. To be quite honest I didn't really want to either. This cloak was quickly becoming a security blanket to me.

I wasn't paying much attention when I walked into the back of Strider who apparently had stopped to talk to someone. 

Looking over his shoulder I saw a man who couldn't have been any older than 30. He had long brown hair and... was he wearing a tiara? I almost laughed at that but i figured that wouldn't be a wise idea. 

"Mae Govannen, Lord Elrond" Strider said as he put his hand to his chest. "Mae Govannen, Aragorn" the man replied. 

Aragorn? So that was his name. A lot better than Strider I must say. 

Elrond turned to the Hobbits and smiled, "your friend Frodo is resting but is well," he said. I noticed the Hobbits bodies sag in relief as did mine. Next Elrond had turned to me.

"Aragorn, who is this man?" he asked, it wasn't rude, just plain curiosity.  

Aragorn faced me, "I do not know, he has not removed his hood, nor has he spoken a word since we met." 

 Elrond nodded, "I wish not to offend you sir, but I prefer to see the faces of those who stay in my kingdom." 

I nodded and removed my hood slowly, taking heed not to look at Aragorn. 

Elrond's eyes widened slightly but the surprised look was gone a moment later. 

"Your name My Lady? If I may ask" he said nicely. I hesitated at first not wanting to tell anyone. It was bad enough I had to show them who I was. 

"It is okay my dear girl, Lord Elrond can be trusted, as can Aragorn." I turned to face the voice and smiled, Gandalf. 

Forgetting my manners I ran to him, hugging him tightly. 

"You had us all so worried, Frodo was beside himself" I stated firmly. 

I heard him chuckle and pulled away walking back to Elrond. 

"My name is Ithilwen Aranel, it is a pleasure to meet you My Lord" I said bowing my head slightly.

 Again his eyes widened, as did Aragorn's. 'That was odd' I thought.

After Introductions had been made I was led to a room, to wash up. When I was finished I returned to my bedroom to find an outfit had been laid out for me. 

 It was a beautiful cream colored dress; intricate patterns were sewn into the bodice and the sleeves were long and flowing.  It was made of silk and felt amazing when I wore it. I braided my hair and put on the small flats before I left to find the others.

"Ithilwen!" Ithilwen!" A female voice was calling my name. I looked behind and saw the beautiful woman who had saved Frodo. 

"Hello," I say quietly as she is now right in front of me. 

She smiles, "Hello, I am Arwen, daughter of Lord Elrond" my eyes widen as I bow my head. 

"Forgive me My Lady, I did not know I was addressing the Lady of this Kingdom." I feel a hand under my chin as Arwen raises my head to look at her. 

"Please don't be formal, I wish for us to become friends, you remind me of someone I love dearly" she said to me still holding my face gently. I give her a gentle smile as I slowly nod my head. 

"Very well, I would like to be friends as well," this made her smile. 

"Come, there is someone who wishes to see you!" This confuses me, apart from Merry, Pippin, Sam or Frodo I know of no one who would like to see me. 

We walk into a garden and towards a large tree. 

Below the tree is a chair and the person I see sitting on the chair makes me smile as a tear slips from my eye. "Bilbo," I whisper. "Bilbo!" I say once again but louder as I run to him, enveloping him in my arms. 

"I am so happy to see you Bilbo, it has been too long" I whisper in his ear as I kiss his wrinkled little cheek. 

"Indeed it has my dear girl, but you are just as beautiful now as you were back then." I smiled.

It wasn't until the evening that we got to see Frodo. But I was relieved all the same.

That night I slept peacefully. Not yet knowing what kind of adventure would soon befall me and the Hobbits I had come to think so dearly of.