The Balrog and...Betrayal?

Ithilwen's POV

I don't know how long I had been running. Already I had passed a tomb where would of had to of been where the fellowship fought. The blood wash fresh, but I could see no bodies of anyone in our group. Goblins could be heard ahead so I ran faster hoping I wasn't to late. 

 Suddenly a mighty roar shook the mines. I could see the Goblins fleeing, "What is this new delivery?" I could hear Boromir asking. 

 "A Balrog..a demon of the ancient world! This foe is beyond any of you!" Gandalf replied as the fellowship came into site, "Run! Quickly!" He shouted, and they did. 

 Pippin tripped and fell to the floor. Running faster I picked him up and steadied him. "Ithilwen, your alive!" he yelled wide eyed. 

"But not for long if we stay here, run Pippin!" 

We caught up to the fellowship and each person gave me a different look, the Hobbits were relieved, Gandalf was concerned, Aragorn and Boromir were both wearing looks of suspicion and Legolas and Gimli were pissed off. I could see the question in their eyes and shook my head. 

 "There is no time! Run!" I yelled.

We ran down stairs upon stairs. Boromir running ahead almost fell when the stairs came to a sudden turn if not for Legolas. 

We continued to run when a we saw a gap in the middle of the stair case. Legolas was first to jump, followed by Gandalf. Boromir threw Sam and quickly jumped with Pippin and Merry. Aragorn went to throw Gimli but he refused and jumped himself, almost falling. 

 I was next and would of slipped if not for the help of Gandalf. Legolas had backed away when I jumped and was now back waiting for Aragorn and Frodo.

Just then the Balrog came into view. It was the most terrifying thing I had seen in my whole life. When it roared a rock came apart from the ceiling and landed behind Aragorn and Frodo creating another gap and casing the spot they were on to start swaying. 

 Aragorn told Frodo to lean forward and they were caught by Legolas and Boromir when they were close enough to jump. 

 We continued to run and one by one made our way across a bridge. I turned around and saw Gandalf standing in the middle of the bridge facing the Balrog. 

 "You cannot pass!" Gandalf yelled, out the corner of my eye I saw Boromir grab Frodo when he tried to run to the wizards aid. 

 " I am a servant of the Secret Fire, wielder of the flame of Anor. The dark fire will not avail you, flame of Udun. Go back to the Shadow!" Gandalf continued to shout as the Balrog took a step forward onto the bridge. 

 "YOU. SHALL NOT. PASS!" He yells as he slams his staff to the ground. The balrog takes another step forward only to have the bridge collapse and the foul creature fall in. Gandalf turned towards us and I sighed in relief. 

 But that relief was short lived as the Balrogs wipe wrapped around Gandalfs leg dragging him down. The wizard just managed to hold on to the edge of the bridge. 

 "NO!" I screamed as I ran to him, dodging Aragorn when he tried to grab me. I ran to Gandalf and grabbed his hand. 

 "You cannot save me Ithilwen, I have accepted my fate," he whispered to me.

"No, No I can save you, please just let me save you." 

 He looked at me with a small smile, "I know where you went Ithilwen, you must fight Sauron, he is trying to turn you, Fight!" He said then turning to the group, "Fly you fools!" he yelled before he let go of my hand and the ledge. 

 I screamed, just then two arrows hit me in the side of my right arm. Looking up I see Orcs and Goblins shooting at us. My eyes heavy with tears start to burn and my blood starts to boil. Like in Rivendell, rational me vanished.

Aragorn POV

Everyone ran after Gandalfs fall. Running from the arrows. I turned to get Ithilwen when I saw her be shot by two arrows. 

 "Ithilwen!" I cry and she turns around. Her eyes are red again. She starts to glow and I can see her body shaking. Facing the army behind us she raises her hands. 

 "You wanted to take Moria but now Moria will take you!" She yelled in a voice that sounded so different from her own. Suddenly The Mine filled with the screams of Orcs as huge spike came out of the rock, skewering them.

The mines started to shake and the roof started to collapse but Ithilwen still did not move. I ran to her. Picking her up and dragging her out of the mines over my shoulder. 

 When we were free of the building I laid her down gently on the ground, careful not to bump the arrows that were still in her arm. Walking away from her I sat wiping my sword. Trying to kept the grief of losing a dear friend from showing.

Ithilwen's POV

Slowly I came back to my senses and grief washed over me. I may not of know Gandalf for long but I had come to see the wizard as a father figure. 

 It wasn't long until I was roughly lifted from the ground and shook. "Where were you in the mines? Where were you while we fought!" Yelled Legolas. 

 I said nothing, all I could do was stare at the ground. "You let him go! You let Gandalf die!" He continued to yell. Looking towards him I said nothing, I felt cold, like I no longer had and life in me. 

Legolas turned to Aragorn, "we cannot trust her! If she must continue than I say we bind her wrists." Aragorn looked up and I stared at him with an emotionless face and cold eyes. 

 He thought for a moment than turned to the others, "do you all agree that she should be bound?" he asked, everyone nodded. "So be it," he sighed. 

 Legolas pulled my arms roughly to him when he noticed the arrows in my arms. "You should of taken them out!" he yelled. 

 Looking up at him I glared. Reaching up I grabbed both arrows and yanked them out, "there, they are out," I growled causing him to step back in shock. When he recovered he tightly bound my wrists.

"Legolas, get them up," Aragorn said turning to the Hobbits. 

 Boromir turned and glared at him with misty eyes, "give them a moment...for pity's sake!" he yelled. 

"By nightfall these hills will be swarming with Orcs! We must reach the woods of Lothlorien. Come, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, get them up." Aragorn made his way to Sam, "on your feet, Sam." 

 When everyone was up we made our way to the forest of Lothlorien. Legolas dragged me behind him as I ran. I didn't care no more, I had lost the only friends I have ever had. 

 Again I was truly alone.