Lothlorien and the Lady of the Light

Ithilwen's POV

I was oblivious to everything going around me, that is until an arrow was pointed at my head. Looking up I saw that we had been surrounded by several archers. 

 "The dwarf breathes so loud we could of shout him in the dark," a blond Elf says sarcastically as he makes his way towards us. 

 "Haldir of Lorien, we come here for your help. We need your protection." Aragorn says in Elvish. So Haldir is his name. 

 Gimli moves closer to Aragorn, "Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back." 

 Haldir looks down and a sneer crosses his face as he lays eye on the dwarf, "you have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back." I zone out again, not caring of what happens next.

We have been walking for a while, it is dark now as night has settled in. We enter a beautiful kingdom but I barely notice its splendor unlike everyone else. I just follow in a daze, still bound and attached to a rope being led by Legolas. 

 We make our way up some stairs leading up a huge tree. When we reach a podium we are stopped and told to wait. Two figures descend the stairs. Both fair and powerful looking people. Both seemed to have an other-worldly glow about them. 

 I bowed my head, not wanting to look upon something so bright when all I saw was darkness.

"Nine there are, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him." Spoke Celeborn. 

 Galadriel looks upon each of us and her eyes sadden, "...he has fallen into shadow." 

 Tears form in my eyes, the only emotion I have shown since arriving. I thought of Gandalf, his caring yet wise face. His eyes that were full of knowledge and experience. Clenching my fists I blinked away the tears. 

 'It should of been me!' I yell to myself in my head. 

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil. Tonight you will sleep in peace." 

 Legolas tugs on my ropes and I finally look up. Upon seeing my face Galadriel's eyes widen. I just stare back emotionless. 

 "Prince Legolas, I wish to speak to this woman alone. You may leave and I shall return her once we have spoken," she said not even looking away from me. Legolas lingered for a moment before he took his leave.

"You have been through much, you must be healed immediately. Also a bath and a change of clothes would do nicely," she smiled. 

 I looked her in the eyes and smiled slightly. "Thank you for the offer My Lady, but I do not wish to be healed. I am also not deserving of such niceties. May I please retire with the rest of the fellowship?" I asked quietly. 

 Her eyes grew sad but she nods none the less. 

 I turned to walk away, as I was about to descend the stairs her voice rang in my head the offer remains open Ithilwen Aranel. When ever you chose differently, I can be found easily. 

 Looking towards her I nod and left.

When I reached the fellowship I faced Aragorn and held out my wrists. He looked at me confused, I sighed, "if you would like to bind my wrists again you can do so now." 

 He looked away, shaking his head, "it is not necessary Ithilwen, the Lady Galadriel trusts you, so do I." 

 Looking towards him I glared, "you only trust her opinion, Aragorn, son of Arathorn, you do not trust me so don't lie," I hissed as I walked away to be by myself.

I found a small pond by a white tree and lay down beside it. Slowly I let the tears I had been holding back fall. I saw the way Legolas had looked at me, how they all had looked at me. Like I was no better than the orcs they fought, no better than Sauron. 

 Sitting there I just stared at the pond. 

Suddenly a sharp pain shot through my leg and my arms. Rolling up my leggings I saw the cut that I had gotten from before we set foot in the Pass of Caradhras. It was badly infected. 

 My arms looked no better. The deep scratch wound Sauron had left on my arms were bleeding heavily as was the puncture wounds from where the arrows had hit me. 

Sighing I looked at the pond. In its reflection I could see a head of blond hair before everything went black.

Legolas' POV

Looking around I saw no sign of Ithilwen. She had been gone for 3 hours now and I was starting to think she had made a run for it. 

 "Aragorn," I shout getting the mans attention, "I am going to look for her, she had been gone too long!" 

 He nodded his head and I turned to walk of in the direction I had seen her go, "Legolas, go easy on her, you didn't see what I saw in that mine after Gandalf had fallen. " I turned and raised an eyebrow in question. 

 He sighed an continued, "she killed them all, every last orc or goblin. She managed to form the skewers from the rocks. But it wasn't what she did, it was how she looked. She looked heart broken, like a child who had just lost a parent. I think she cared about Gandalf a lot more than any of us know." 

 Nodding my head I walked off.

Soon enough I saw a small pond, beside it was the very woman I was looking for. I began to walk forward, she looked so broken it tore at my heart. Shaking my head I sighed, she had left us in the mine and still hadn't explained why. She could not be trusted. 

 When I was in front of her I saw her eyes closed. I knelt down and shook her gently. There was no response. Again I shook her but a little harder and I got the same results. 

Checking her pulse I gasped. It was so faint I could barely pick it up. Quickly I placed a hand under her knees and a hand behind her back as I lifted her bridal style. Carrying her through Lothlorien in search of anyone who could help. 

 I passed our camp site and Aragorn was at my side immediately, "what happened to her?!" he asked his voice laced with concern. 

 "I'm not sure but she needs a healer, now." Aragorn nodded and we ran off in search of help.

We had been running for a short time when we came across Haldir. "Ah, gentlemen, how ar-" he stopped when he saw Ithilwen unconscious in my arms. 

 "Follow me, quickly!" he urged as he turned and rushed towards the tree we had been at before. 

 "My Lady! My Lady!" He yelled upon reaching the platform and Galadriel made her way quickly to us. 

The moment she saw Ithilwen she took her from my arms and carried her to another room, leaving Aragorn, Haldir and myself to wonder one thing. Will she be alright? My heart started racing and I felt pain in my chest at the thought that she may die. 

 Pushing it away I walked to the others, "you will be needing another shirt," Haldir said looking at me. 

Confused I looked down and saw my tunic was soaked in blood. I nodded and left to change.