You can not be serious!!

Ithilwen's POV

"Grimbold, how many?" I look up at Theoden and the guard he is speaking with.

"I bring 500 men from the Westfold my lord," Grimbold replies. 

 Another soldier rides forwards, "we have 300 more from Fenmarch, Theoden King." 

 "Where are the riders from Snowbourn?" Theoden asks, "None have come my lord." 

 I bow my head, this will not be enough. A horse comes up beside me and I look up to see Eowyn, "My Lady we are to share a tent." 

 Smiling at her I nod and follow her to our sleeping quarters. When we get inside she turns to me, "I am sorry I have been avoiding you since earlier, I just didn't know how to process the information you gave me." 

 Sighing I sit on the small makeshift bed. 

 "He will never love me will he?" She asks and I know she speaks of Aragorn. Shaking my head I look at her sad eyes. 

 "He is in love with another, he only has eyes for her Eowyn. But I have seen that soon your heart will have no room for anyone, you will meet your love." She nods slowly and I can tell she does not believe any of my words.

Eowyn had left the tent shortly after and I had not long after that fallen asleep. I cannot remember the last time I had a decent sleep. 

 Flashes begin and I groan thinking it is another nightmare. But these images are different. I see myself waking beneath the stars. Galadriel is smiling at me as I wrap a small hand around her finger. She laughs as I let out a gurgle. 

 "You are so special little one, you bring a gift no one in Middle-Earth has yet to see." Slowly the images fade and voices start to invade my head. 

 "Why are you doing this? The war lies to the East. You cannot leave on the eve of battle. You cannot abandon the men." Eowyn. She sounds distressed. Who is she talking to? 

 "Eowyn..." Ah so it is Aragorn. "We need you here." Oh no. Bolting up in my bed I quickly collect my items. How dare he try and leave without me! 

 "It is but a shadow and a thought that you love. I cannot give you what you seek. I have wished you joy since first I saw you." Poor Eowyn, I tried to warn her.

Rushing out of my tent I hide behind another as I see Gimli and Aragorn engaging in conversation. 

Suddenly Legolas walks beside them, "Have you learnt nothing of the stubbornness of dwarves?" 

"You might as well accept it. We're going with you laddie." Jumping out from behind the tent I face them all. 

 "You were just going to leave me here?" my voice is laced with betrayal. Why? They all look at me, I can see the determination in your eyes. 

 "You are not coming Ithilwen," Legolas says as he approaches me. 

 Backing away I shake my head, "I am going! You can't change my mind!" 

 As I am looking at Gimli for support I miss the sad look that passes before Aragorn and Legolas as they share a nod. When I face Legolas I see the look of disgust that he would use on me when were first started our journey. 

 I flinch slightly but hold my ground. "Can you not see!" He yells, "We do not want you around!" 

 My eyes widen as I shake me head, "y-your lying." 

 Looking straight in my eyes he sneers at me, "I do not want you around!" he says with a voice of finality and I can feel my heart crumble into nothing. 

 Slowly I step back, tears flooding my eyes as I stare wide eyed at them all. They cannot all feel this way, looking around I see the same thing on the others faces. 

 Turning around I run. I run until suddenly I hit a hard body.

Looking up I see Elrond. Throwing my arms around him I sob loudly. Why would they do this to me? I thought they cared about me, I thought he... My sobs got louder as my knees buckled. 

 Lord Elrond carries my bridal style to one of the tents and lays me down on the bed. My grip tightens as he tries to put me down. I won't let him go. He will leave if I let him go. 

 Sighing Lord Elrond sits down, bringing me into his lap. "Ithilwen, what is wrong?" Looking up at him I try to control my sobs. 

 "They...they left. They said...they...don't...want...me...around!" Sobs consume me as my body begins to shake. 

 Lord Elrond rocks me gently. Like a small child after a nightmare he makes soft shushing noises. 

Slowly I drift off to sleep but not before I hear him say, "all will be revealed later child. Not all is as it seems."