Chapter 1 ~ Emergency call

Picture above: Matt

________________________________

Ring... ring... ring...

"Yeah, it's Matt." I answered, pressing my phone against my ear.

"Matt! You don't even know how fucking glad I am to hear your stupid voice man." A hushed voice said from the other end of the line.

"Ash? Is that you buddy? Where the hell have you been? We've been so worried about you! You can't just disappear like that you asshole!" I screamed at one of my best friends, irritated that this was the first time I heard from him in... I don't know how long.

What the hell did he think he was doing disappearing like that?! I had been at his house but his asshole of a step-father had thrown me out without a word about where Ash had went.

"I know, I know... just listen okay?! I was kidnapped! I even had to take Kate with me and now we're both held against our will in this big fucking mansion somewhere in the middle of the woods!" Ash hissed through the phone and I could feel Regina, who was sitting beside me on the floor shoot me a questioning look. I rolled my eyes at her and got a snicker in reply.

"Have you been drinking Ash? You know that it's bad for your health and all, right?" I said in an amused voice, my anger gone already.

"No, I swear Matt, you have to believe me! These three lunatics are keeping me here and you have to save us!" Ash whined through the phone, his voice sounding frustrated but still hushed. Was he trying to hide from someone?

"Yeah sure... and where are you guys being held then, huh?" I said, my voice still amused as I figured he was just messing with me. There was a pause on the line but then Ash finally said in a sheepish voice:

"I don't really know... but I do know their names!"

I began to laugh but managed to get out:

"Okay, then tell me their names and I'll call the men in black and tell them to pick you guys up, sounds good?"

I could hear Ash take a deep breath on the other end but then he hissed:

"Stop joking, I'm serious Matt! Their names are Alex, Adam and Anton and they're brothers and the mansion must be at least a few hours from where we live because the drive here took forever!"

I felt a flash of hesitation as he spoke. Maybe he was telling me the truth? What if he was? Before I could say anything Regina waved her hand at me and spoke.

"Oh I know where he must be!" She said and I stared at her serious face and then said:

"You believe him?"

Regina shot me a small smile and nodded her head. Why were things always so damn complicated? I sighed and then I raised the phone to my ear again. I guess there was no helping it...

"Fine Ash, Regina is here too and she says she knows where you are. I guess I have to believe you but you have to know that it sounds crazy as shit." I said and I could clearly hear the relieved breath on the other end.

"Yeah, I told you so! Now can you stop making fun of me and get your ass here and pick us up?!" Ash suddenly hissed in irritation and I rolled my eyes in Regina's direction. He could be so impatient. For some reason I knew that telling him that 'patience is a virtue' wouldn't be a good idea though. He would probably start screaming at me.

"Fine we can probably take my mother's car and be there in a few hours. I just have to ask though... you don't expect us to... I don't know... fight them or something like that huh? Because I'm not so sure I'm up to that." I said in a serious tone and I could hear Ash sigh loudly in my ear.