3

I really hated going to parties. Drunk, stupid, brainless morons were Alex's thing. I preferred people with actual intelligence and, you know, people who actually had the ability to stay solidly on their feet.

"Tallyho!" Some drunk bimbo squealed as she jumped into the pool outside. Many others were splashing around down there, waving their arms to the headachingly loud music. Others were inside the luxurious house, drinking, talking, making out with complete strangers. So many slutty girls in skinny, short dresses. Call me old fashioned, but I just preferred when your dress was longer than your vagina.

"Alex! Sophie-girl! You made it!" Miles showed up from the crowd with a drunk dullard slung around his arm. He grinned widely at us both. "How are you liking my party?"

"Well, genius here failed to mention it was your party," I said, giving a pointed stare to Alex who just smirked. "What does your parents have to say about all this?"

"What they don't know won't kill them," He winked, then turned to the girl who was practically hanging on him like a coat on a rack. "Now excuse me, but I promised I'd show this beautiful girl my axolotl."

After giving Alex a brofist, the girl and him walked upstairs to where I knew his room was.

"Is that what he calls his thing?" I snorted to Alex. "Axolotl?"

Alex gagged on a sip from his beer and burst into a loud laughter. "Oh, Soph, Jesus. What would I do without your average intelligence?"

"Hey!" I snapped, actually offended. I wasn't exactly his level of smart, but
I did have a fucking brain, which was more than what you could say about most of the people in this room. "Just because I don't know what the fuck axolotl means—"

"Soph, an axolotl is an amphibian." He chuckled. "It looks like a sea salamander or a fish that can walk, if you will."

"Oooh, right. Silly me, why didn't I know that?"

"Because you're not me. I know everything."

"You don't know what my vagina looks like. OWH!" I laughed when his face turned flat. "I just fucking owned you! Eat that, bitch!"

"I don't know what it looks like yet, Soph," He said, taking a swig from his beer. He then slowly smirked and leaned in towards me. "And I promise you, I will eat it when I do." He chuckled when it was my turn to drop my grin. "Powned."

"You're such a jerk," I growled, turning to look at the drunk crowd. "I don't know why we're friends."

"That could change if you want to," He casually told as if we were discussing the weather. "We could take our friendship to new heights – tonight, if you want to."

"Oh please, you wouldn't stand a chance with me, even if you were for real." I snorted.

"No?" He said with a sober look on his face. He leaned down towards my lips, making me blink shocked at him. What was he doing? He looked me seriously in the eyes and then whispered huskily; "You want to see my axolotl?"

When I just stared, he burst into laughter by the look on my face. I irritatedly rolled my eyes when I realized he was screwing with me. As always. "Ha-ha, very funny."