Chap.4 • Attacking

^Francisco Lachowski as Antonio Moretti^
•••••

"ARE you sure you'll be able to do this?" Nikolay asked as I sipped on my coffee whilst looking out my window in my hotel room.

It was a busy warm day in New York and all you could hear was cars and chatters as people hurried to work or whatever. I was safe in my hotel room, waiting out until I should start to get ready.

"I'll be fine, Niko." I assured. "Nothing I haven't done before."

He sighed in defeat and I could almost imagine him leaning back in his chair with his eyebrows creased together and him messaging his forehead.

"Okay, be safe. I want you back tomorrow in my arms."

"You can't say stuff like that, Nikolay. We aren't even dating."

"Doesn't mean I don't want it." He retorted back and I smiled softly.

"I'll see you tomorrow."

"Stay safe Xena." And he hung up the phone.

Nikolay and I had a complicated relationship. When I first joined the agency after years of training, I was 17 and he was 19. Since the agency is part of the Mafia, my uncle had give him the job to control that part to which he happily accepted. At first, I hated his arrogant ass but then he grew on me and then he was literally on me. We'd been messing around for only a year and a half now, it was nothing serious and it would never be. Coco didn't accept what we were doing but she trusted me to stop if it got out of hand.

I pushed all thoughts at the back of my mind and focused on one thing. My job. It was what kept me going.

AROUND eight, I was ready for the event that began an half an hour ago. I finished off little details on my makeup before grabbing my essentials such as the little glass tube of poison and pocket knife and placing them in my purse, hiding them underneath my makeup.

My dress accentuated all my curves and held onto my figure perfectly. The pattern was floral and it was black, backless and a soft translucent material. There was small train behind me when I walked but it just made me radiate mystery even more. My makeup was dark and sultry look: winger liner, bold lashes and dark red lipstick.

My hair was already straight so I curled it slightly and allowed it to cascade down to my waist. I looked amazing in it and I knew I had to thank Coco for convincing me to buy it.

When I believed I was finished, I made my way to the elevator and exhaled sharply as the door closed

When I believed I was finished, I made my way to the elevator and exhaled sharply as the door closed. My nerves were starting to act up and my palms began to feel hot and sweaty. These things happened before I began my assignment but I always manage to overcome them and complete what was needed to be completed. Being an assassin had its ups and downs. We weren't the bad guys but we aren't exactly good guys, it was like purgatory, we were stuck in Limbo.