Chapter 2

5 years later..

"Nancy!" I hugged her as I found her holding a card with my name on it. I miss LA and I'm glad that I'm back for good. After graduating from Paris, I miss home. I never came home after 5 years and I miss everyone.

I miss my family, I miss my bestfriends and I just miss California.

"I miss you so so much!" I hugged her so tight.

"Oh my gosh, I can't breath." She said and I chuckled. I pulled away and she looked at me from head to toe.

"Girl, you lose a lot of weight!" She said and I chuckled.

"The walking and the stress made me lose my appetite." I said and she chuckled.

"How's life?" I asked. We rarely catch up with each other because we always busy with college but our friendship never stops there. We always stay strong and always keep in contact.

"Life has been so fun that I'm engaged." She showed me the ring and I squealed. I'm so happy for her! She's been dating her brother's best friend, Will. He's a doctor and he's 5 years older.

"I'm so happy for you! How did he propose and when?" I asked.

"A week ago! He made me go to his apartment and he already prepared it with a lot of roses. It's like a dream come true!" She squealed and I'm so happy for her.

"That's so cute!"

"I hope you will find your own soon, Lauren." She said and I nodded. We walked to her car and go straight to Tania's house. She's already prepare food for us. We got into the car and drove out from the airport.

"How's life there?" Nancy asked.

"Quite fun but I don't want to live there. I miss home." I said as I looked out the window.

"Still dating that guy?" She asked. I dated a cute guy name Jason in Paris. He's nice and really romantic but we broke up a few months ago. We met in Paris through mutual friends. He moved to Mexico and the relationship just didn't work out.

"We're completely done."

As we arrived at Tania's house, I pressed the bell. She walked out and hugged me real tight.

"I miss you so much! You don't know how much!" She said and I chuckled.

"Same, I miss you too!" We all back together at last. She pulled me into her house.

"Hey Lauren!" Tammy, Tania sister, greeted me.

"Hey! OMG, are you pregnant?" I asked looking at her small bump.

"Yes! 3 months.." She chuckled and I hugged her.

"Congratulations!" I said, "I know you will be a great mother. I'm sorry for missing your wedding last year." I pouted.

"It's fine and I completely understand." She smiled.

"Tania, I can smell it. Smell of success.." I said after smelling her cooking. Tania laughed and Nancy sat down on the dining table.

"Now, sit down all of you." Tania said and I sat down to see a lot of food on the table. I love having a chef as my friend. I miss my friend and my family but too bad my family is currently in San Fransisco. I'll see them soon.

"We have a reunion." Nancy said and Tania nodded. I looked at them both confused.

"Reunion?" I asked and they both nodded.

"With our highschool friends, we're planning to stay in Hawaii for a week. This is so exciting!" Tania squealed.

"You both can go."

"You're going to!" Nancy hissed.

"No, why should I?"

"No excuses!" Tania said shaking her head.

"Lauren, highschool reunion will be fun! You should go." Tammy said.

"But.."

"No buts! We are going there!" Tania smiled and I sighed nodding.

"You're going to see Ben again by the way and some hot guys." Nancy smirked and wiggled her eyebrows.

"Ben?" I mumbled and I remembered the last time I saw him was graduation. He was glaring at me with hatred.

"Yes, your crush."

"Hey!" I glared at Nancy.

"So any boyfriend in Paris?" Tammy asked.

"We broke up a few months back."

"Was he cute?" Tammy smirked.

"Yes, he was but you have a husband so.." I said and Tammy laughed.

"I'm telling Rick." Tania threatened.

"I don't mind, I love when he's jealous."

"Weirdo!"

"Why didn't it work out?" Tammy asked curiously.

"Long distance and we're kinda tired with each other so.."

"Sorry."

"It's okay."

"We'll find cute guys for you at our reunion or maybe you can go back having a crush on Ben." Nancy teased and I shook my head.

"I'm not interested in dating now."

"Come on! Where the fun is that?" Nancy protested.

"We're going to Hawaii next week and this time will be different." Tania said looking straight at me.

"I don't think so-"

"Why? Are you afraid facing Ben? Girl, you're beautiful. He will fall for you instantly."

"Nancy.. I'm not interested."

"Lauren, you will never know when a cupid throw his arrows. You better prepare yourself!" Tammy said and she's completely excited for me.