Chapter 19

"Mom, Dad. I said you guys could go home two days ago. I'm fine!" I tell them after arguing for the third time that they can go back home.

"But honey, who is going to be here to make sure you take your medicine?" My mom asks.

"The only medication I have to take is Advil in case of headaches."

"Anna, we just want to make sure you're for sure okay. That brick could've been on purpose." My dad chimes in.

"I have a doctors appointment in a few hours. If they clear me will you go home? You guys have missed enough work because of me. Mom you can't keep your students waiting." My mom is a teacher, and my dad is a CEO of a special factory company.

"Well...." My mom hesitates, wringing her hands.

"If you're cleared, then yes, we'll leave tomorrow morning." My dad tells me, "How are you getting there?"

"Matt is going to be here soon. We were going to have lunch and just hang around before he took me." I tell them, silently hoping they would get the message I want to be alone with Matt.

My mom winks at me while my dad raises and eyebrow.

"My God. No! Not like that. Please, just don't say anything." I tell them, face palming.

"It's alright. We'll just go find somewhere to eat." My mom turns to my dad, "There was that restaurant Anna said was really nice. Lets go there, okay dear?"

"Yeah. Of course." My dad says, smirking at me and my now tomato flushed face.

"I can't even believe you two right now." I mumble under my breath.

I hear a knock on the door and get up to answer the door, knowing it's Matt. I look at my dad, who is getting up as well. That's when I realize that Matt hasn't met my dad.

"Dad, be nice, please?" I beg quietly as I open the door. He just shrugs innocently and I roll my eyes before smiling widely at Matt.

"Hi there." He says, grinning down at me. I don't even have time to respond or do anything back before Matt catches eye of my dad who is watching the interaction.

"Mr. Torres. I don't believe we've had the chance to meet yet. I'm Matthew Starks." He says almost excitingly, pushing past me and sticking out his hand.

My dad, who is just slightly taller than Matt, shakes the outstretched hand with a small smile on his face. "No we haven't. It's good to meet you son." He says, glancing over at me and giving me a wink. I smile back widely, knowing that he's beginning to like Matthew.

"I couldn't help but notice your airborne tattoo." Matt says, continuing the conversation with my dad as I close the door and sit on the couch with my mom, two spectators at a match that could go down in flames. "Were you on the force?" He asks my dad.

"You bet your ass I was. Greatest fleet around, I guarantee." My dads eyes light up, and we know Matt hit the jackpot.

"My dad was on the one from around here. Please tell me you're still on." Matt begs, even though he knows he's not.

"Oh Lord no. I was young and way more mobile than I am now. But man, would I love to be back in the cockpit again..."He trails off to almost a daydream.

"Well, I can get you up there. Pull a few strings. I guarantee you've still got it in you." Matt says, and my dad's face glows as I let out a sigh of relief, knowing he's won my dad over.

"Matthew Starks, take care of my daughter, and we'll see about that plane." And that's all we need to hear to know that Matt's now on the safe side.

"Alright honey," my mom says as we get off the couch. "Let's go get something to eat so Anna isn't late to her appointment." She says to my dad, and after short goodbyes, they're gone.

"I like your dad." Matt says, pulling out food from the fridge to make lunch. Probably a grilled cheese.

"Well he likes you." I say, coming up from behind him and hugging his waist. "How did you know he was on the force, besides the tattoo. I never even told you. It could've been just any old tattoo."

He laughs, "anyone in the armed forces knows an airborne tattoo when they see one. Besides, my dad had one too." He turns around looks at me with a smirk. "You think he's the only one with a tattoo like that?" He teases.

"No! I mean-I just thought-it was just like" I continue stuttering until I realize he was just teasing me. "Asshat." I say, slapping his chest that's now rumbling with laughter. He bends down to give me a kiss, but when he tries to pull back, I don't let him.

He tightens his arms around me, deepening the kiss. Ever since the accident Matt has been even more protective than before without smothering me, making sure I can't get hurt again.

There's a deep rumble in the back of his throat as I fist my hand through his hair, tugging in it a bit. His hands travel to my backside, squeezing before lifting me up and setting me in the closest counter. His lips get removed from my mouth as they move down my neck, making me gasp and moan with each lick and nibble he makes.

His hands are lifting my shirt up when I smell something....burning?

"Matt..." I say, and he hums, still slowly moving to my sweet spot.

"Does it smell like something's burning?"

He pulls away with eyes wide, "what?" He looks over to the oven where we realize that our lunch is in there. "Shit!" He runs over and opens the oven, grabbing the pan with no oven mitts or hot pads at all.

"Matt!" I exclaim, jumping from the counter as he throws the pan on the stove holding his burnt hand. I look to our now burnt to a crisp grilled cheese.

"Idiot." I tell him, getting ice from the freezer and putting it gently on his hand, causing Matt to hiss. "Are you okay?" I ask, leading him to the bathroom where I keep the burn cream and bandages.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just wasn't really thinking..." He laughs with his stupid grin on his face. He clears his throat and becomes serious when he sees I'm not laughing. "Sorry..."

"Idiot." I whisper again, focusing back to his hand.

When it's all wrapped up, I notice the time is close to when my appointment is scheduled.

"Ready? Or are you going to not think and try to kill us?" I tell him as we put our shoes on. I don't know why I'm so mad with him. I just feel frustrated.

"I said I was sorry. It's not like I burned the house down." He says, grabbing the keys and I follow him out to his car.

"Well just be more careful next time." I tell him.

"Anna are you feeling okay?" He asks.

"Why wouldn't I be?" I say in an annoyed voice.

"You've gotten all moody." He says nervously.

"I have not. I'm fine." I snap, feeling a headache coming.

"Alright. Okay." He says defensively, giving up on me.

I sigh and rub my temples, closing my eyes being not able to watch the passing landscape in fear of getting dizzy.

I end up falling asleep, in hopes of getting rid of this stupid headache.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

So this one was a bit of a filler. That's all I have to say...sorry.