[26] He Gets Jealous

Obi-Wan

You were in the halls of the Jedi temple, addressing another Padawan who had, lately, taken an interest in nearly everything that you'd done. You thought it was adorable, but he was far too young for you and nearly cringed whenever you saw him trailing after you.

'Oh, this book? Yeah, I've read it,' he said, just as you told him that you were flicking through the novels in the library. 'It was pretty cool,'

'Alright,' you sighed and turned to him. 'Is there something you want to say? You've been following me for weeks,'

He scratched the back of his head nervously. He was cute, you'd admit that, but it was in a way that you would call a twelve-year-old cute. You could never really take him seriously.

'Uh, well, yes, actually,' he started, letting out an uneasy laugh. 'I just thought you were, um, really beautiful and cool and, stuff,'

You giggled a little at his nervous flirting attempt. 'I appreciate your kind gesture, young Padawan, but-'

'Really? Awesome!' His face flushed, and you couldn't help but grin at him though you were inwardly cringing. Obi-Wan appeared, and, as soon as he assessed the two of you, he frowned.

He'd never been one to show any signs of emotions except that of love and serenity, so it was a whirlwind of surprise and confusion when his eyebrows furrowed together with what seemed to be anger. With a wave of his hand, the boy straightened.

Looking pale and stricken, the Padawan quickly ushered himself out of the room at the sight of an angered Jedi Master. You watched him leave, before turning back to Obi-Wan with an incredulous expression.

'Wait,' you placed a hand on your hip, almost impressed by his small outlet of frustration. 'Are you jealous, Master Kenobi?'

His frown deepened, but he took a breath and shook his head. 'No,'

You almost chuckled. 'Hey, it's okay to be jealous. You don't need to be, though because I assure you that I'm not going anywhere,'

'But what about.. the Padawan?' Ben asked. 

'Oh, him? I have no idea who he even is. He's been following me for a while now, so I confronted him about it just as you arrived,' you explained truthfully. Bens visibly tense shoulders relaxed.

'Alright,' he said, tone easy now. 'I'm sorry I jumped to the worst conclusion. That was wrong of me,'

You smiled softly. 'It's fine, Ben.'

Anakin Skywalker

You were sitting with Padmé and another man, relatively the same age as you, and talking about the current uprising of the republic. Whilst you were eating your food and talking away, Padmé excused herself to the bathroom and left the two of you alone.

'So, you're a Jedi, huh?' The man asked, almost as if he was rudely implying that Jedi's weren't anything special. You felt suddenly defensive, but pushed away your hostile attitude and instead took a calmer approach. 

'Yes. Do you have a problem with that?' You asked sweetly, taking a drink of water and peering at him from over the glass. 

Out of the corner of your eye, you noticed movement. Anakin stepped through, his eyes racing around the room before they landed on you. He smiled at first, but it wavered when he realized that you were sitting alone with a male unfamiliar to him. The wave of anger that flashed through the Force caused you to set down your glass, the water suddenly turning bitter in your stomach.

Anakin walked over, keeping a calm demeanor all while feeling a hot wave of jealousy and betrayal as he approached. '(Y/N)? Who's this?'

'It's, uh,' you hesitated, not really sure how to answer. It just made this whole thing seem that bit more suspicious, and the fact that Padmé had left you two didn't help the situation.'Um...'