Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Getting up early, on my first full day in Beta Beta, the entire house was still asleep. I checked my clock, it was only just gone six. I had always been an early riser, and I never saw the point of sleeping away half the day.

So I got up and dressed into my work out clothes. I didn't know where the nearest gym was, but a morning run would do me fine. I loved to run, had since I was a child and my school had entered me in competitions for it – including once running for Vancouver Island under fifteens.

However, I didn't know a route in LA. So I planned one on my mobile first, so I wouldn't get lost, before slipping out the house. I plugged my headphones in, and began with a gentle pace to warm my muscles up.

Running was the one time I had escaped. Since the incident with my ex-boyfriend, I had done a lot of running around the Island. I could end up running around Nanaimo for hours on end, not even realising I was still going, until I realised my feet were screaming out in pain from over use.

I always liked to start my day with some sort of workout, so I could fully appreciate the day. However, even though I had expected LA's hot weather, I was not used to running in it. On Vancouver Island, we could get hot rainforest style humidity but usually that was paired with rain or at least cloudy skies.

However, in LA, the sun beat down on me like I had personally done her wrong. I was sweaty, and a headache started, so I pushed myself faster. Whereas some people would slow their run, I sped mine up. The quicker I could get home, the quicker I could get showered and a drink.

By the time I got back to the fraternity – glad for google maps so I didn't get lost on my run – I was soaked through. Dark wisps of hair, that had escaped my tie, stuck to my face. My dark skin was flustered, with a tinge of red on my cheeks, and my slim figure was being shaken by my heavy breathing.

I walked around the back of the house, and slipped in through the kitchen. Grabbing a cup, I instantly filled it with cold water, and drank it all down. I gulped it down quickly; my body screaming for hydration. I then refilled it, and drank another glass.

It was only just coming up to seven in the morning, and I could hear the house beginning to stir. As I headed up the stairs, I pulled my shirt over my head – leaving me with just a sports bra and pants. It was a bad choice on my part, because just as I reached the top of the stairs, a familiar flirt stepped out of his room.

Corey was standing in the doorway; chest bare, with only sweat pants on. His large, and muscled chest, was something he obviously worked hard for. I checked it out for a split second, before I moved my eyes away.

Corey's eyes were droopy, because he was still half-asleep, and his hair was tousled and slept on. However, the moment his eyes took in my state of undress, they lit up as if he had been awake for hours.

"Good morning beautiful" he purred, not bothering to hide his roaming eyes.

"Morning Corey" I nodded politely, moving around him and down the corridor. I could feel his eyes on my back, as I walked away. I didn't even bother to comment or turn, I just silently headed back to my room.

Once showered, and dressed, I snuck into Selson's – where he was just waking – and stole his car keys. He gave me a grunt of permission, before I leant over and kissed his check. He grunted again, second time of annoyance as he still had three minutes and twenty nine seconds to sleep before his alarm went off. I giggled, before leaving him to enjoy those meaningless seconds.

I ran into Corey again as I was heading out Selson's bedroom. He smiled lazily at me – pink lips tilting up like a pleased cat who'd caught a mouse. "Good morning, beautiful" he said once more.