1

Chapter one: Warning

Hermione entered the Advanced Potions classroom, Harold and Philip by her side. "Can we sit at the front?" Hermione asked.

"Sure." Harold agreed. She watched as students came in, until she saw Tom Riddle enter. He was flanked by a couple arrogant looking Slytherins.

Philip seemed to notice her staring and decided to explain who the arrogant boys were. "The dark haired one beside Tom is Antonin Dolohov, the blonde ferret on his left is Abraxas Malfoy then there's Maxis Lestrange and the Carrow twins Alecto and Amycus."

Hermione frowned and turned away as Tom made eye contact and the boy Maxis Lestrange looked her way amusement glittering in his cold brown eyes.

She shuddered.

He must be one of Bellatrix's relations she thought.

She unconsciously began to scratch the scar on her wrist.

MUDBLOOD

When she glanced back up again she was met with dark stormy eyes. Tom was already staring at her intently.

"Ah a new student!" Professor Slughorn greeted quite loudly making Hermione jump up in her seat a little, she whipped her head to face the person who alerted her.

"Pro-professor Slughorn," Hermione greeted back in embarrassment, she felt her face heat up as the Slytherin boys began chuckling.

"Your name m'dear?" Slughorn demanded pleasantly.

"Hermione Granger." She replied smiling.

"Well welcome to Advance Potions, I believe Mr. Lovegood will do his best to help you!"

Philip nodded "It'd be my honour." He replied smoothly and smiled over at Hermione..

At least I didn't get paired with Riddle. I would've done anything to get away from his constant glaring, I can't even imagine how uncooperative he'd be!

"Today class we will be brewing Amortentia! Now who would like to tell me what this potion is?" Slughorn said waiting expectedly.

Two hands quickly rose in the air one hand lazier then the other. Slughorn hesitated and finally decided. "Miss Granger,"

"Amortentia is the worlds strongest love potion although it does not create real love but an obsession. Ashwinder eggs, rose thorns, pepper mint and moonstones are the typical ingredients used to perfect the potions." Hermione explained. She glanced at her side to see Riddle glare at her.