Chapter 4

This is a new chapter and it leads straight to Veronica's shift. This is going to be a pretty short chapter compared to the others. I hope you all like it. 

The picture above is Kylie Jenner playing Carlie Smith.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As she finishes saying that, she stands up from her seat and heads towards the room. I follow right behind her and once we reach the door, she takes something out of her pocket which consisted of a gold key with a royal symbol of a crown on the handle of the key. I notice I have been staring for so long that I didn't see her open the door, going straight inside. I follow her in and I am shocked of what is in front of me.

When I looked out the window, it seemed so beautiful and calm, but when I entered the room, it was so majestic. It looked like a fairytale. We went straight towards the middle of the meadow and I started looking around. The trees were surrounding us that they looked like a dark curtain; I couldn't see past them. When I went to the lake, I bend down on my knees and touch the water. It glided across my hands and started climbing up to my arm. I pulled back my hand and it fell to the ground.

I turned around and saw Emily looking at me in awe. "What's wrong?" I ask. She shakes her head from side to side. "Your parents are going to be proud of you. Look at what you have become; a beautiful, talented, and powerful women." I feel tears well up in my eyes. I walk towards her and hug her.

After a few minutes, she breaks the silence. "I think it's time to go back...again." I laugh at that. We walk out of the room and I start looking for a clock. Once I found one, the time read 10:47 p.m. We have been here for a few hours. I turn back around and I see Emily with her hand extended. I get the impression that she wants to take me back home. Once I my hand reaches hers, we are being transported out of the building. When I look up, we are in front of the pack house. We break away our hands and start making our way towards the front door. When we go inside, there is nobody in sight. I find it kinda creepy. You can hear a pin drop in another room. 

"I sent them to sleep earlier because you are shifting tonight and I didn't want any disruptions," Emily says behind me. I thank her and make my way to my room and change out of my worn out clothes and into something comfortable which consisted of a tight black v neck shirt with black joggers. 

Once I finish, I go upstairs to the living room and see Emily sitting on the couch. I go over to her and ask her a question that had been bugging me. 

"What did you mean by 'shifted partially'", I ask her. 

"When you felt that pain in your chest, you said that it felt like shifting all over again. The reason why is because your body is getting ready for the shift which is to come later. Your body was preparing for the transformation you are going to endure."

"Will it feel as painful as it did hours ago,"I ask her. I fear that I have to go through that again. If the pain was more painful, then I don't know how I will survive this one. 

"I wish I could say so, but we are not for sure. We have never encountered anything like you before," she says with a face of slight sympathy. I know she wants the best for me and doesn't want to see me in pain.

"Well, lets get going."