Summer

Summer had just gotten back from scavenging for food for her and her sick mother. She went into the hut that her mother was laying in and sat next to her.
"Mother I have brought back something for you to eat.

"Dear child, you need to eat it." She said in a quavering voice.

"But, mother you need the strength for you to get better." Summer insisted.

"Child I have been meaning to tell you something very important,"she paused to take a deep breath." Summer for u being close to nearly 13 you need to know the truth about who you are."

"But I already know who I am. I am Summer Hunt, daughter of Heldage Draffle."she said almost confused as she spoke. Heldage reached out and grabbed Summers hand.

"Summer. You are those things but one thing you do not know is that, I am not your birth mother." Summer looked at her in disbelief. She got up and started to pace the room.

"Who is?" She asked almost terrified to ask. Heldage was not sure if she dare tell her now. She thought that it would be easier than this to tell her.

"Daughter, you have heard of the Evil Queen?" Those last two words came of her tongue a snake hiss.

"Yes, what does she have to do with any of this?" She asked wanting her to answer more directly.

"She is your mothe-" Summer interupted her.

"Her the Evil Queen!? That woman how?" She was now sitting on the floor with her hands going throu her dark brown hair.

"You remember the story I told of when she sent the hunts man to kill Snow White? Well the Queen was pregnant, but nobody knew because she used magic to speed up the process. But when you were born I was the one who helped deliver you. When we took you to get cleaned up we, us other servants of the queen. We decided that we would tell her that you had died. Because we knew she was not fit to raise you. When we told her that you were died she was furious and did not want to see you she said,'"If I see her I will not be able to move on take her and see to a ceremony."' I got the other servants to buy this hut out of her realm"She said while trying not to cry.

Summer was know pacing the small hut very quickly now,"But why dosn't she know who I am and we're is she now?"

"I told you she was not fit to be a parent. And no one has seen her or much of anyone else sense her curse." She was now closing her eyes for she was very tired from talking so long.

" I want to find her." She said while looking out the small window they had by the front door.

"Child it is not possible she has vanished." She said. But after those last few words she quietly passed. Summer was still looking out the window.

"Mother I want to find her." Haldage said nothing. Summer turned around. Ran to her side.

"Mother?"she said softly. When there was no reply she started crying for she knew that she was gone.

That night Summer swore to her all that she would find the queen if it was the last thing she did. The next day Summer walked to the small town were she had a friend named Tinker. She went into his house and told him that her mother was died and that Summer her self was not going back and wanted him to take care of her and to see that Heldage got taken care of. Summer had packed a little bag that had food and water for the next couple days, a brush and blanket that Heldage had given to her on her last birthday.

Summer was walking out of town when Tinker came running up to her while guiding a horse by the rains.

"Wait! Summer!!"Tinker yelled.Summer stopped and turned around.

"Tinker if you're here to stop me from going you aren't going to." She said a little annoyed. "Why do you have a horse saddled if you're not riding it?"

"I'm not here to stop you I came to say good luck and to give you a horse thought were ever you are going you might want to ride instead of walk." He said out of breath. He was now sweating.

"Thanks, but you'll need the horse to pay for your food plus you have a mother to take care of." She was now standing closer to him. He did not know this but she had a crush on him. He was only a year older but they were around the same hight. He had blonde hair that stuck up on end on the top of his head though the thing she liked most about him was that he had yellowish eyes. She thought that they were the most beautiful things that she had ever seen in her life.

Tinker was now calming down from the  run he made while trying not to get trampled by the horse.

"Summer, please you need to take her. She'll get you as far as you need to go." He said while holding out the rains for her to grab.

"Ok but I will come back to return her." She went up to the side and tied her small bag to the horn on the saddle. She looked back over to him and saw that he held a sword. It's sheath was made of old brown leather and had the initials S.H. She knew that they were hers.

"Why do you have a sword with my letters on its sheath?" She said while walking up to him.

"It is for you. It used to be my fathers before he left us. I made the sheath and thought that I'd put your letters on it that way you'd know that it was yours. You see thought you'd need it in the forest." He held out the loop that was supposed to go on her belt.

"Why are you giving me these things that would be of use to you?" She was now very confused.

"Well because I care for you and I know that you'll need them but for now please promise me that you'll come back to see me." Her insides were now bubbling with excitement. The boy she like asked her to come back and visit him! If she wasn't holding the sword she might of jumped up and down. But decided against it.

"I promise." Was all she said before kissing him on the cheek, and climes up on the horse took the rains and speed of leaving him there stunned.

I can't believe what just happened! She thought to her self. I'll be back was all she said.

Tinker stood there in the middle of the dirt path that led deeper into the forest.  He looked on and said,"I'll wait for you." He had a smile on his face when he turned around and put his red hood over his head.

If you have read this thank you please comment how well I did for my first fan fiction!!!😘 if you comment I'll know to keep going I'll try to update as much as possible!!!