CASE #027

CASE #027

WARNING: Get ready for the utmost confusion in this chapter :3 and p/s the gif above is meant to make your heart go wild. 

'I take back what I said.'

Senpai halted his movements and quickly looked up at me from the file he was reading. 'Akashi!' he whined.

'And stop calling me Akashi! It's very confusing!' I groaned and grabbed a file from his desk before plopping myself onto the sofa. 'Any cases for today?' I asked and scanned the contents.

He didn't reply for a long time so I looked at him. He was pouting, very adorably if I must say. 'Okay, okay, I was joking. I meant what I said.' I said and went to him.

He smiled. 'Really? Then when shall we set the date?'

I tilted my head, thinking. 'Maybe we should ask—'

The door opened and Mikage interrupted with triumph. 'Me? I knew you'd—' He smirked.

'—Towa.' I ended my sentence. Mikage clicked his tongue and sulked.

'Why is it always Towa?' Mikage asked.

'Because he's my best friend.' I answered.

'Morning, Mika.' Senpai spoke. Mikage's ears went red as he turned to Senpai furiously.

'What did you just call me?' he hissed.

I held back my laugh as Senpai answered casually, 'Akashi called you that last night.' He shrugged.

Mikage pouted and looked away.

'That's a lesson,' Senpai said, suddenly sounding so stern. 'Please, do not bring her to a drink next time. You become more vulnerable if you drink—I meant your immunity towards souls, Akashi.'

I nodded. 'Sorry. You should've told me before.'

'How many glasses did she drink, Mikage?' Senpai questioned.

Mikage hesitated and rubbed his nape nervously. 'Seven glasses of Martini.'

Senpai's eyes widened and he patted his chest gently, calming his self. 'I'm sorry, I didn't know.' Mikage apologized.

'It's fine—you should apologize to Akashi though.' Senpai pointed.

Mikage and I shared a meaningful glance and I nodded, smiling, as in "It's okay". He then turned to Senpai. 'By the way, any cases today, Seijuurou?' he asked.

Senpai shrugged. 'None has come into sight yet. You should enjoy the time when you can.'

Mikage hummed and sat on the sofa, opposite of me. 'So... when are you guys going to set the date? There is no engagement party, right? Like Seijuurou wanted.' He questioned.

'Ask the boss.' I pointed at Senpai without looking.

Senpai rested his chin on his palm, tilting his head to the left slightly, probably thinking. 'If you ask me, I'd want to do it tonight.' He said nonchalantly.

'And so I knew you'd give that answer, so I've set a date in my mind.' I cut him off before he could continue another sentence.

'When?' Mikage looked at me.

'After you find a girlfriend, Mikage.' I smirked.

Senpai slammed his hands on the table. 'Then that'd take us forever!' he protested.