Unfair

AN: Hey dear fans, here's a chappy to calm your thirst :D

Sorry if it's too short, I really don't have any personal time these days. I'll do my best to find more time to write soon ;) <3

~~~~~~~~~

Ceri

"It's either this way or the other, Sosanbra! It cannot be both!!"

I halted as I came into the cave to find a small herd around the Leader, one of the old Aellas didn't sound pleased at all.

"Either keep him under your protection and away from the rest of us, just like you agreed to when you took your place as our Leader and protector three years ago, or you banish him and put our minds to rest!"

I didn't like what I was hearing, but I was tired from my long day and just wanted to play with Epona and Vreis a little then go to bed. The happiness of seeing Ithel and hugging him was drowning in my disappointment of not receiving any signal from Suva... not to mention the way Drita scared me with her creepy behavior. I don't even know how am I going to clean myself tomorrow.

I was about to pull away and retreat to my corner when I heard Halina's voice:

"I don't see why this has anything to do with any of you! So back off!!"

"Don't be disrespectful, Elder!" I flinched at the way the old Aella yelled at my aunt. In my clan, unlike in the Aellos', Leaders change more frequently because being young is important to be chosen. Therefore, the Leader can only remain as such for a few years, before she is replaced by a younger one. This leaves many former Leaders, like my aunt, who are Elders. They are known to be kinder and wiser than the other Aellas, and they respected a lot. The only ones who get higher respect than them is the current Leader and the hunters because they feed the rest of us.

But now I knew why some of the Aellas, especially the older ones, failed to show due respect to my aunt. It wasn't because she was less wise or less generous, it was because she harbored me

The old Aella, named Ula, ignored my aunt and turned to the Leader again: "Your lack of proper decision is making things confusing to the Aellas, especially the young ones!"

Halina didn't stand down though: "Well, then keep your young wolves away from my child, because the way I see it, they are the ones seeking him!"

"And can you blame them?" Ula said while still glaring, "The Aellas for ages have been taught to raise well their children, obey the laws of our clan, AND seduce the best Aellos!"

One of the younger Aellas put her hand on her hip and protested: "We're not idiots. We can take care of ourselves just fine"

Ula glared at her: "Don't even think you have a say in this. I've seen the way you smile at him!"

"What! Now smiling is prohibited too?? I smile whenever I want and to whomever I want! Besides, you've been all telling us that Aella Dilara was a sinner and that her son would tarnish our reputation in front of the Aellos. Now it is clear that Dilara wasn't that bad after all, so we can talk and play with Ceri without fearing the Aellos-"

"Talk? Play??? Indeed, young Aella. Today you talk and play, but what about tomorrow? Will you just talk and play! I don't think so"

Moina stepped in with her usual calmness: "Ceri was raised among us. Never had he crossed the line inappropriately with any of the Aellas, and despite the harsh way we treated him I think we can be fair enough to admit at least that."