Sixty-One || Well, Mostly

|| Well, Mostly

"Earth to Jacy."

Brown eyes refocused on Hayden and Tracy, Jacy blinking a couple times. "Sorry," she softly said before running a hand through her curls. Winged eyeliner adorned her lids and her lips were tinged red, but she was utterly out of it.

Tracy lifted an eyebrow, "Everything all right?"

"Yeah, no. I'm fine." Jacy looked down, her fingers still flipping the teal ink pen between them.

Hayden hesitated to ask, but her curiosity got the better of her. "Hey, Jacy?"

Jacy looked over to the freshman, "Yeah?"

"What happened at your work this weekend?" she softly asked. "Darren, he's dead, right?"

"Yeah, yeah he's dead." Jacy's eyes lifted, the bell ringing overhead. She collected her things and gave a goodbye to the girls at her table before departing hastefully.

School carried on around the ghost whisperer, each and every student oblivious to the horrors that plagued their town.

If only they knew, thought Jacy.

"Jace," Stiles called as he caught up with the brunette. He put a hand on her lower back, stopping her in the hall near Yukimura's room. "Hey, hey, Jace-"

She pulled away a little, her mind scrambled. "Let's just get to class."

"You've been off all morning," Stiles said as he reached out and took her hand. "What's going on?"

"What's not going on?" asked Jacy as she didn't shy away from holding his hand. "Stiles, this town is going to hell with all of us in it."

"We'll find a way to stop, I promise. Jacy, you know how many times Beacon Hills has gone up in theoretical and nontheoretical flames. We'll survive this, we always do." Stiles tucked a loose wave of hair behind her ear, leaning in and kissing her forehead.

Jacy only hoped he was right.

||

Jacy shut the door of Lydia's passenger side, her phone to her ear. She ran a hand through her hair, rings upon rings coming through the reciever.

Lydia locked up her car as she and Jacy approached the police station with Stiles close behind. She met eyes with Jacy, "Anything?"

Jacy shook her head, "Nothing." She went into the station under Stiles' arm as she ended her fifth attempt to call Jordan.

Sheriff Stilinski met them at the gate, waving them through. "All right, what the hell's going on?"

"My grandmother," said Lydia as they went back to the offices.

Jacy hesitated, looking twice at her brother's empty desk. She called Jordan again, noticing how shifty Deputy Haigh was looking.

Stiles, Lydia and Stilinski went into the Sheriff's office but Jacy remained outside.

Jacy's ears perked, hearing a distant ringing that she knew was hers on Jordan's phone.

Stiles poked his head out of his father's office, "Jace, you coming?"

"In a minute," she absently told him as she made her way around Parrish's desk.

Haigh angled his computer slightly away from Jacy as she sat in Jordan's chair, his heartbeat thudding.

Jacy pulled open the bottom desk drawer, her breath catching a little as a glock sat next to Jordan's phone. She picked up her brother's phone, constant calls and text racked up from hours before.