Chapter 5

"Come on, let's go!" Nancy grabbed my hand as we entered the olane. They asked me about Sam and they're happy that I got along with him.

"My seat is 20A." I told them.

"12A for me." Tania said.

"16B for me." Nancy said. Tania sat first and then Nancy, I walked to my seat and Chase sat on 20B.

"Hey." I said as I walked to him.

"My mate for the olane huh?l he chuckled.

"You can say that." He got up to let me in. I sat down and he sat back.

"Sorry about Ben back there." He apologized.

"I can say he's on his period and you don't need to apologize for that asshole. He's ann idiot." I hissed and he chuckled.

"He is, just ignore him. He'll stop." Chase suggested and I nodded.

"I'll do that."

"So.. how's life?" He asked.

"It was nice, not bad. I'm having fun, how about you?"

"Fun. Full of love actually."

"You're married? Engaged?" I tried to guess.

"Engaged."

"Congratulations, when is the wedding?" I asked.

"In 3 months, I'll send you the invitation!" He smirked and I chuckled.

"I'll accept it."

"Is Tania single?"

"Yeah, very single."

"Great! Paul has been wondering that.." I raised my eyebrows. Paul and Tania used to have a weird relationship back in highschool. They have that unexplainable connection.

"Really?"

"Yeah, he's been hoping that she's single." He chuckled.

"Well she's single af."

"How about you?"

"Single too, no boyfriend for now but I broke up a few months back."

"You're the one who broke it off?" He asked.

"How do you know?"

"A girl like you somehow will never let the guy break it off first." He guessed.

"Yeah. We had a long distance relationship and it didn't work. We kept fighting and I'm so fed up."

"How long was it?" He asked curiously.

"Almost 2 years."

"Sam has a thing for you." He said and I shook my head.

"He's being friendly."

"Friendly? You changed a lot through the years, who wouldn't try to hit you?"

"Thank you but.. I'm just plain Lauren."

"Plain? Yeah right." He rolled his eyes and I chuckled. I smacked his arm.

We talked a little bit more and I fell asleep after that. I'm still tired from unpacking my stuffs. Chase woke me up when we land and I thanked him. I got up and grabbed my belongings. We went to grabbed our luggage too and I started to yawn a lot.

"Got some sleep, beautiful?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, slept all the way but still sleepy."

"Silly." He patted my head. I turned to him and smile, I love when someone does that.

"Did you sleep?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nala kept blabbering about her life and I can't sleep." He sighed.

"I'm sorry, maybe you should rest first when we get to the hotel." I said him as I saw my luggage and walked to it. I tried to take it but it's too heavy for me to drag it. Someone helped me.

"A thank you would be nice." I turned to see Ben.

"Thanks." I said and he put my luggage down. I walked to Sam who us still talking with Nancy and Tania.

"You got it?"

"Yeah."

"Let's go!" Nancy saud and I saw Paul trying to talk with Tania. He helped her with her luggage. We got into the bus and I sat with Nancy. We arrived at our hotel and have an hour to refresh ourselves before going out.

"It's nice here!" Nancy said as she threw herself to the bed. Nancy, Tania and I are in the same room.

"I miss vacation." Tania said and we went silent for a moment to check on our phone. I decided to call my mom since she came back home today.

"Mom."

"Hey honey." She said.

"Already home?" I asked.

"Yeah, we just got home. Are you having fun?"

"We just got here." I chuckled.

"Have fun! You need it, enjoy yourself before back to work."

"I will!"

"Your dad wants to talk to you." She passed the phone.

"Hello Lauren."

"Hey old man, how are you?" I knew he rolled his eyes.

"I'm not old, and I'm fine. I miss you!"

"Is grandpa alright?"

"He's fine." I let out a sigh of relieve."

"I'll come home next week."

"Okay! Have fun and I miss you!"

"Miss you too, dad."

"Kyle wants to talk to you!"

"Hey!" My 18 years old brother greeted.

"Yes, Kyle?"

"Can I borrow your car?" I rolled my eyes.

"For? Ask your brother to drop you."

"No. Please let me borrow your car.." He begged.

"No"

"Please.."

"No!"

"Stop it, Kyle." Dad hissed.

"Please.. just one day."

"Find."

"Thank you!" With that he ended the call and I rolled my eyes. Suddenly someone knocked on the door. I got up and opened it.

"Hey." It's Sam.

"Wanna walk at the beach?" He asked and I found myself smile and nod.