SIXTEEN; THE RUN AND GO

GOAL: 15 COMMENTS

(E) SIXTEEN: THE RUN AND GO (S2E18)

_____

The past few days for Estella had been hectic. She saw her old friend, Elijah, get daggered by her new "friend," Alaric. Estella liked the Saltzman—he was the only one who cared enough for her older brother took look out for him. Throughout the week, Bonnie had discovered that she could let the curse from the moonstone, which Estella thought was a load of bullshit, but played along. She knew it it must've been some hoax Elijah set up. AlsoC Elena was slightly growing on Estella. Slightly.

Caroline and Estella, however, were almost best friends.

Estella's phone beeped, and the blonde knew it would be Caroline. Estella bit her lip and answered the phone.

"You're speaking to the bitchy Salvatore, how can I help you?" Estella spoke into the speaker.

"Ooh, I like that one. Hey, you wanna come to school with me?" Caroline asked randomly, her voice holding hope.

"No. This is what, the third time you've asked me?" Estella questioned with a frown. Using her shoulder and chin to hold the phone, Estella tore open a bloodbag and began to drink.

"Come on! It's not that bad once you get past the whole 'I-hate-everyone' act!" Caroline exclaimed.

Estella rolled her eyes and stomped down the stairs, hearing Elena invite Stefan and Damon inside the house (she had already been invited in). Her brothers had decided to sign the house over to the doppelgänger to create a safe house for her. Estella thought it was dumb, but nevertheless relented.

"Caroline, I'm twenty-three years old, or at least I was. It would be awkward being this mature adult posing as a student," Estella stated.

"You could totally pass as a highschooler!" Caroline exclaimed. Estella groaned. "Just wear shirts that, you know, cover stuff up."

"It's not my breasts that make me look older, Caroline, it's my constant look of disgust whenever kids are around," Estella snapped at her. "If I come just for today, will you stop bugging me about it?"

"Yes," responded Caroline over the phone. Estella could practically hear her smile.

"Fine. I'm hanging up now." Estella heard the blonde let out a small squeal and shook her head. An incredulous laugh escaped her lips as she entered the doorway where Elena and Bonnie were clambering about.

"Did Caroline convince you?" Elena immediately asked. Estella only huffed in response, looking annoyed.

"Bonnie and I are just about to leave," Elena stated, pointing to the witch beside her. She had a knowing smile on her face.

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan asked the two, a questioning look on his face.

"School," Elena replied simply.

"What?" Stefan asked incredulously.

"No, no, no. One; my sister doesn't go to school. Two; we didn't create a safe house for you to leave it," Damon remarked.

"Caroline won't shut up about it until I go," Estella rolled her eyes again and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Guys, Klaus is still out there. We know that," Stefan stated. Estella scoffed.

"Right. But where? No one knows," Elena told them with a raised eyebrow. "Look, I really appreciate what you guys are doing. And I'll be able to sleep at night knowing that I'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner."