Chapter 24

Let me know what cha think :) Enjoy!

"You sure??".

Asami placed a hand on her hip.

"Yes I am. No buts".

Korra bit her lip. She had just gotten out of the hospital not too long ago. Now Korra, Asami, Bolin, and Mako along with their other friends were heading to the car. Asami had offered Korra to stay at her house until the state figured out where Korra would be living.

Korra of course wasn't just accepting the offer too quickly.

"I don't know Asami", Korra said, rubbing her arm unconsciously. "I don't wanna be a burden. I can figure something out. Me and Naga once spent a few nights at a homeless shelter when my dad kicked us out for a while".

Asami turned and looked and her in shock. Then her face changed.

"I'm actually not surprised he'd do that", she said.

Korra face fell, she looked at the floor. Asami mentally kicked herself. Stupid thing to say.

"I'm sorry", she said quickly. "I didn't to mean to offend you or hurt your feelings. I don't why I even said it".

Korra smiled. "It's alright, Asami. Don't apologize. You're not one that did those things to me".

Asami felt her heart sink. She just had to say that. That made Asami feel terrible. Asami had promised herself that she'd do her best to make Korra as happy as possible and to help her get past what had went down that day. It'll take time and patience and whole lot of love and laughter but, she knew Korra was strong. She'd just proven how strong by just knowing her now past life.

Asami looked at Korra as the group walked down the hall of the hospital.

"Woah Woah woah", she said, gently grabbing onto Korra's arm.

The group stopped and looked at Asami. Asami looked down at Korra's foot. She now had on a brace on it. She wasn't suppose to be walking around on it.

"You're not supposed to be walking", Asami said.

Korra looked at her, grinning. She shrugged carelessly.

"It's cool. I've sprained my ankle before and I've had to walk on it. It was fine so it's no big deal. Just a little pain is all".

Asami gave her a serious look. She raised an eyebrow.

"Bolin. Pick her up".

Before Korra could stop him, Bolin scooped her him in his arms. Korra gasped in surprise at the sudden action. She froze, as if waiting for something to happen. Her eyes squeezed shut, shoulders tensed.

The others looked at her weirdly.

"Korra??", Mako said. "You okay??. Are you scared he's gunna drop you or something??".

Korra looked at him.

"No", she said though there was a hint of nervousness in her voice, giving away that she lied.

"Korra", Asami said, walking over to Bolin and her.

"Would you feel safer if I carried you instead??".

Korra bit her lip. Bolin carefully put her down.

"I-I guess", Korra said rubbing her arm.

Korra took a step back, laughing nervously and shaking her head.

"But you're probably exhausted from today. You couldn't possibly be able to carry me and I wouldn't want to cause you any more pain than you probably feel already. I can just walk".