Chapter 20: The Wolf

Let me know if you can read this chapter. There seems to be a problem with Wattpad and people can't see the chapters after Chapter 10.

______________________________________

The wolf moved slowly. He did not know. He knew nothing. He acted like a sleepwalker, dictated by the wishes of his beloved. He loved blindly. He did not know, he did not understand. Wait! What was that look? Why did his eyes not look empty, dull, and dry? Why was he crying?

My father was crying. He advanced toward me. I was frozen. I wanted to run. Hurry! I was unable to move. I was a stone statue. He hugged me. I was confused. I could not move. I could not move even if I wanted to move. I wanted to run away. I did not want to trust him. He had never taken me in his arms. I had doubts. This was another trick, wasn't it? I was afraid of being betrayed. But he cried. He cried and I cried too. I did not want to live like that. I could not do it anymore.

"I will take you to the hospital, Marie."

"No! "

"You're sick, Marie."

"I'm not sick."

"You know you are."

Hospital. The word sounded like murder. They wanted to shut me up and kill me, kill the person I had become. I was a murderer. I wanted to murder myself. Nobody else had the right to kill me. I did not want to go to hospital.

I had only hate and anger inside me because I could not find love. Show me love then I would be fine. What could a hospital do about love? Nothing!

With love, I could face the world, this world I found so disgusting. If you could not give me love, I might as well die. It did not bother me. Didn't you understand this? Life was worth nothing when there were only people like you, like everyone else, but none like me. I would never be like you. I did not want to. I did not want it anymore. I refused!

My father brought me home. I kept repeating that I would not go to the hospital, so my mother pushed me down the stairs and called an ambulance.

"Hello? Yes, I need an ambulance. We are at 79 Orchard Road. In front of the cemetery. Yes. Thank you."

Since I did not want to go, they found a way to force me to go. I lay on the stairs, my arm broken, in pain. Agony. Agony. Sweet agony. I wanted to die here. Just let me be. I did not cry. I did not scream. I stared at the ceiling. Stubborn.

"I did it for your own good," said my mother in her usual cold tone. Her glance was as cold as a blade.

I wondered if she really meant to help me or if there was not some vengeance mixed into it.

Audrey came to me, alarmed.

"Are you okay?"

"Don't touch her. Stay away," ordered my mother. "The ambulance is on its way."

My dad came in the ambulance with me and stayed by my side. He did not talk. His eyes were red and filled with tears. I understood then that he cared. My mother did not care. She did not come. At least my father seemed to love me a little.

I slowly reached my father's hand. I felt his warmth on my cold skin. I felt my heart racing. I love my father, and he loves me too. The benevolent feeling filled my soul. I closed my eyes. Forever.