Chapter 5:Another chance at love

A few days later,we reached Moldor."I'm gonna go stock up on some food"Nathan said before getting off the ship."I'm gonna go to the blacksmith.Thomas,yer comin with me!"Russell dragged Thomas off the ship."I'm gonna see if I can score me some ladies!"Cap'n Morgan said with a real perverted smile."Ya know Cap'n,you're almost like Captain Alan at this stage"I chuckle as Cap'n protested."I'm going to just explore around the town."Chistopher said headin off."You're comin with me"Eduardo dragged me off before I could protest.We strolled through town and ended up at...a shooting range?He picked up a gun fer me."Alright woman,let's see how well you can shoot.I've seen Soryu handle a gun before so I know how to get started but I've never pulled the trigger before!"U-Um,I don't know how to shoot."I mumble looking at the target.

"Alright,think of it as this way.Think of the target as your worst enemy that you wish you could kill and shoot"Eduardo said as I took my place.Suddenly I thought of Erika.It's her.If she didn't interfere then Soryu and I- *BANG!* It hit the bullseye."Whoa!You must really hate that person"Eduardo was staring in shock at the target.When we came back to the Sirius,I could use a gun perfectly well now."But not as good as me"Eduardo boasted as I rolled my eyes.We saw the whole crew gathered at the port."All right crew!We'll begin treasure hunting fer the treasure tomorrow!So get a good night's sleep tonight"Cap'n said."Aye aye cap'n!"

The next mornin,the whole crew was up early and after breakfast,was good to go.We headed towards the Cave of Wishes where the treasure was at or at least ,that was what legend said.I gotta bad feelin I thought as we entered the cave.And I was right.Arrows shot out from nowhere nearly piercing my head as we avoided them,but that wasn't it.We entered a room?I guess you could call it a room that had several skeleton statues.Then,much to our horror and surprise,the skeletons attacked us!We quickly snapped out of it and fought those skeletons but there was too many.Out of the corner of my eye,I see a skeleton that was about to stab Eduardo!"NO!!"I jump in front of him and the sword tip made contact with my abdomen.Eduardo caught me before I fell."CAROLYN!!!"The rest of the crew saw this and protected us while we ran out of the room.

Eduardo set me down on the wall as he slowly removed the sword.Surprisingly,I was still conscious."Carolyn!Carolyn!Are you ok?!"Eduardo looked at me,his eyes full of shock and concern."I-I'm fine,let's keep lookin for the treasure,I have a feelin we're almost there""But-!"I shook my head as Eduardo's mouth clamped shut."Please..."I whispered in pain.Otherwise all that we've been through would have been for nothing.Eduardo and Nathan helped me walk until we reached another room.In the middle of the room was a huge chest....filled with shining diamonds and another treasure map!"Hoo yah!This is the life!"Cap'n said as he looked at the chest.We carried the chest out of the cave and thank god,there were no more traps.We carried the chest back to the Sirius.

Christopher immediately attended to my wound."You might hurt if you cough or laugh but it'll heal in about 2 weeks"I thanked Christopher as I went back to Eduardo's room.Eduardo was sittin on the bed when I came in."Carolyn!"He rushed over to me."How's yer wound?!"He asked worriedly."It's fine,Christopher said it might hurt when I cough or laugh but it's fine mainly"Eduardo suddenly embraced me."Why did ya save me?Twice now."He hugged me tighter.I returned his embrace."Eduardo,I realised something when I saved you."He pulled back a bit to look at my face."I love you Eduardo"I smiled softly at him.It's true.When I saved him from that sword,I realised that I loved him and wanted to protect him."Carolyn....I love you too"Eduardo said as he brought our lips together in a passionate kiss.

He pulled back before going to his cupboard and taking somethin."This....used to belong to my mother....I want you to have it"He said helping me put on the necklace.It was a beautiful neacklace with a violet jewel in the middle."Eduardo..."I whisper as I hugged him.The next mornin,captain told us to assemble at the mess hall."All right crew!The map says that the next treasure is at tres spades in Japan!"Eduardo and I both froze at those words.

Eduardo Pov

I was teaching Carolyn how to shoot at the shooting range."Alright Carolyn,think of the target as your enemy and just shoot"I said.She looked at the target before firing.Bullseye.I stared at the target in shock.She must really hate that person I thought as I stared at the target.The next day,we got to the cave which was said where the treasure lies.There were a lot of traps though those were expected.What we were NOT expecting,was fer the skeletons to attack us!We attacked as best as we could when I heard Carolyn shout.I turned around only to find her stabbed by a sword."CAROLYN!!!"I catch her as she falls.I stare at her in panc,shock and worry as I looked at her.The others protected us while we escaped.When I suggested we turn back,she said no!She said that the treasure's close and that she didn't wanna turn back.What a brave woman.

We found the treasure and was back on the Sirius.Carolyn was in the infirmary,being taken care of Christopher.I sat on my bed,my thoughts jumbled up.Why did she save me?Why did she jump in front of me?Is she gonna be ok?Why the-I looked up from my thoughts when I heard the door open."Carolyn!"I dash over to her.Thank god she survived.When I asked on why she bothered saving me,she said that she loved me!Carolyn loves me!I was so happy that I kissed her right there.After awhile,I took something out from my drawer,my mother's necklace.It's the only thing I have left of her since she dies.I placed it on Carolyn's neck,I really did fall deeply in love for this woman if I gave her that...She's finally my woman.

The next morning,captain said we were going to....tres spades in Japan?!I look at Carolyn who looks back at me in despair.

Soryu Pov

I got it!Finally,with all my mafia connections,I found out that the Sirius Pirates are pirates who love treasure and party?Well that wasn't much of a use.I sigh in despair,will I ever see Carolyn again?"Carolyn...I swear,even if I have to look through the ends of the world...I will find you"