"Nothing."

Vada was the coolest person ever.

I've come to know that she was only one fourth human. She was also the first member of Caden's pack. Her family, including her daughter, was killed by the dissenter and boy was she full of vengeance. On a journey to find the dissenters, Cade and she met. While she had every intention to kill them, Caden decided to use their knowledge to his advantage. And therefore, that's the story of how the pack formed in the first place.
As soon as she learned that she had to kill one, she was pumped.

We were now waiting on the dissenter to come back.

During our wait, I decided to make use of our time. I practically begged Vada to start training me. While I knew it was a good plan, I was kind of terrified of it. I needed to be able to protect myself if something went wrong. It would help my mental preparation for the mission.

Mission? What are you, James Bond?

She started by showing me a picture of the guy. He was average height, somewhat buff. Shoulder length hair. Other than that nothing really stood out about him.

Her training was very different to what I was used to. Training with Evan generally meant him giving me instructions and perfecting my posture every once in a while. Vada on the other hand was a different story. She was all action. There was no lesson. I would have to learn from my mistakes. If I did something wrong, she wouldn't hesitate to put me down and show me the power she had over me.

Even though my body was covered in bruises and my muscles screamed, I absolutely loved it. This type of training was practical. I felt more prepared. It was like everything was happening live in action.

Vada had been by my side for over 12 hours now. She and Caden decided to switch places occasionally. For now, I was on surveillance 24/7 by either one of them. She was now napping in my guest room. Me and Caden were waiting for her to wake up from her beauty sleep so we could finalize our plan.

"Vada's training you? Do you even run?" Caden was being his annoying self. He was mocking me ever since he found out Vada was training me. I truly believe in annoyed at first sight.

"Yes." Out of patience, fucks and money.

"Right. What's the first thing you notice when someone approaches you?"

"The audacity." I spoke with a mouth full of popcorn. Having the manners of a caveman. Something he was naturally talented at. A talent he demonstrated a few hours ago.
I had been lounging on my sofa when Cade barged into my apartment.

As always.

I should start locking the door.

Now we were sitting in front of the tv. Me munching while he looked plain irritated. I turned to look at him when he was abnormally quiet. Something had changed. He looked different today.

"Hey, did you get a haircut?" He had a military haircut now. It suited him. His, now noticeable, jaw was as almost sharp as my wit.

"No, I died the ends of my hair invisible."

"Jeez, who crapped in your cheerios today?" I exclaimed for him to give me a sharp look. Mr. grumpy pants was being extra mature this evening.

"Don't you have anything better to do than talk to me? Like I don't know, count your hair or something." He said with a dismissive tone. The nerve of this guy!

"Being a dick won't make yours bigger." I practically spat out each word.

"You know if you ran like your mouth, maybe you'd be in good shape."

I was going to chop him in his sleep.

Not much later, a lethargic Vada stomped out of her room. Her hands in the air in exaggeration as words escaped her mouth. "Children! The both of you."