Chapter 7- Finding Each Other

The soft rays of the morning sun touched my face and I opened my eyes to see my wish come true.

"Good Morning!! I hope I kept your promise", he seemed nothing less than a god sent angel in the fresh sunlight.

I blinked my eyelids a few more times to see him clearly and a smile touched my lips to register that he kept my promise. It was relief to see him as the first thing in morning; I prayed to have the same mornings all my life.

"Good Morning", I mumbled over the pillow with my eyes half closed and half open and he just smiled looking at my face.

I could take more time to adore his handsome face but there was something else that triggered me at that moment. I got up breaking the slumber.

"Manik...Harshad...Is he okay?? Where is he??", I really had to know what happened to him.

"He is safe don't worry", he replied tugging my hair behind my ear.

"But where is he?? I mean has he got his senses back? Did you talk to him?"

"Nahh he is still sleeping in my room..I have asked Cabir to check on him and inform his friend when they get up...Now can you please stop worrying about him and concentrate on me", he sounded a little miffed by the fact that I was more into Harshad's well being than elated about the fact that he was there.

"I am worried about you Manik..are you sure he was on drugs and it wasn't something else..I mean"

"No one better than me would know that", he looked away till infinity with a choking depth in his voice.

Of course I knew what he was talking about even if he thought I was unaware of his pain. I felt an urgent need to soothe him. I clutched his shirt and pulled him in for a hug. The intimacy we shared last night had given me at least that right on him. Even if my petite frame was no where enough to engulf him but somewhere I felt the need of holding him and comforting him protectively like he was a homeless child and I was his guardian angel. He held me back and dug his face on the crook of my neck. We froze in the position for sometime lost in out proximity.

"Why were you so scared last night?", the slow movement of his lips tickled me a little but I remained still.

I took my time to answer him, "Every time that I would dream of you...you vanished the moment my eyes hit reality ...I thought I would never see you again", I confessed softly.

He slowly separated from me to have a look at my puffy face, his thumbs roamed around my cheeks and lips to find solace.

"You shouldn't be this close to me Nandini...you know nothing about me"

"What if I say I do?", I said looking into the depth in his eyes.

"Will you do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Can you spend a day with me...only me?"

I didn't think twice before saying, "Yes"

"Let's go then", he pulled me out of the duvet.

I smiled at his gestures, he was extremely calm. I could have asked what were his plans regarding us but I didn't because I wanted him to know that I trusted him. I quickly went to the bathroom to freshen up and when I looked myself at the mirror I found I had the ear bobs on my ear that Manik had got for me and I had thrown out of rage.

"When did you put them on??", I half peeped from the door while he waited for me on the bed.

"Just a while before...you were sleeping so you didn't realize...they look pretty on you", he was about to get up from the bed but before he could make another move towards me I shut the door immediately gleeing like an idiot.