Chapter 40:"We should get married..."

Natalie's POV

It's been a few days since Christmas, and everything has settled down. Carter's family is relieved that he and Cole are both alive. I'm still wondering how the h*ll they survived but I'll get answers sooner or later. Oh and I have some good news Kayden has been taken off of his respirator, he can breathe on his own now. It's been a good few days, and now it's time for bed.

"Hey Natalie have you seen my comfy pants?" Carter yells from the bathroom. I look around the room, and find Carter's pants on the end of the bed.

"They're in here," I reply. Carter comes into the room in his underpants, and looked for his pants.

"Where?" he asked, and looked around. I rolled my eyes and picked up his pants, and shook them around in the air. "Oh," Carter chuckles, and grabbed his pants,"Thanks babe."

"No problem," I smiled, and got under the blankets. Carter put on his pants, and crawled in next to me. I turned so I was facing him, and he pulled me close.

"Soooo," I paused,"What was the plan?"

"What?" Carter asked, and raised his eyebrow.

"The plan," I stated,"I watched you get shot. Yet here you are."

"Oh that plan," he chuckled.

"Yes that plan," I laughed.

"Well," he began,"I knew Clark was going to kill me,  so we planned for the inevitable. And in the end it came in handy. However, Clark shooting Cole was not apart of the plan."

"How?" Is all I could manage to say.

"It was all about the trajectory of the bullet, when I moved it changed the course of the bullet. Cole did the same. Kai gave us a new type of tech he developed called pulsers. They mimic the heartbeat, and it kept or hearts beating. Kent, Kai, and AJ did a little doctor magic and here we are."

"Wow," I gaped,"I wish I would've known."

"I'm sorry babe," He frowned, and kissed my forehead.

"It's fine at least you're here now," I smiled.

"We should get married tomorrow," he blurts. I look at him with wide eyes.

"What?"I question.

"Lets get married tomorrow," he repeated,"You can find a dress tomorrow morning, I have plenty of suits, and it's not gonna be hard to find a minister."

"What about a marriage license?" I asked.

"I already have one,"he smirked,"So, will you marry me tomorrow?"

"Yes," I smiled, and kissed him. The kiss turned into a little make out session, but it was interrupted by a cry that sounded from the baby monitor.

Carter sighed,"Mood killer." I chuckled and got out of bed, Carter followed close behind. The door to Kayden's room was cracked.

"I thought I closed it,"I mumbled, and looked back at Carter. Carter got in front of me, and pushed the door open. We were greeted by a figure standing next to Kayden's crib, rocking back and forth.

Carter looked at me, and mouthed,"Cole." My eyes widened, and Carter wrapped an arm around my shoulder. I heard Kayden gurgle, and Cole chuckled.

"You know I didn't think I'd like you," Cole admitted,"But you're not so bad."

"Aww," I blurted then covered my mouth. Cole turned around, and looked at us.

"How long have you two been standing there?" He asked.