Chapter 17

========
Chapter 17
========

Katie's P.O.V

Hunter stood by the closet door with an evil smile plastered on his face.

"Can I have Hannah please?" Hunter asks as he stretched out his arms waiting for me to give her to him but I had to try and protect this child and I would never give Hannah to him.

"Stay away from her!" I shout at him as Hannah begins to cry and hunter's expression only gets angrier.

"Don't you dare shout at me!" He yells back at me and I pull Hannah closer to me. He pushes me away and grabs Hannah roughly. Hannah reacts quickly and bites his arm, making blood ooze from it.

"You little-"

"Stop!" I scream and run to them right before Hunter punches her but I get there too late and Hunter throws her to the floor, knocking her unconscious

"You hurt her!" I yell as I try to go over to her but Hunter grabs me by my waist and pulls me back.

"You did this." He states as he forces me to look at her, Hannah was laying on the floor with a lifeless expression on her face. I could still see her chest rising which gave me relief that she was still alive.

"N-no I didn't. You're a monster." I say and a few tears roll down my face.

"No Katie. You are the monster ." He says and I begin shaking my head while more tears spilled out of my eyes."Go get her." Hunter orders and pushes me towards her and I quickly pick her up and hold her close to me.

"Now I want you to follow me." He says and I did what he told me to do. I looked over at his arm and noticed that the bite mark was deep and he was still bleeding. He deserved that. I thought.

We walked down the stairs and to a door and Hunter opened it to reveal stairs leading down to what I assumed was a basement.

"It's dark down there. What if she's afraid of the dark." I say.

"I don't care. Now go down there or else you won't like the consequences." He says and I descend down the stairs. A light flickers on to reveal a dimly lit room with a few cells in it and I turn around to face Hunter with wide eyes.

"What is this?" I asked astonished as he casually unlocks a cell door and opens it.

"Get in there." He orders and I ignore him.

"You've kidnapped before?" I ask.

"I said go in there!" He shouts at me and I walk into the cell and place Hannah down on the only blanket. Hunter closes and locks the cell door and then starts walking back upstairs.

"You never answered my question," I say and he stops walking.

"Well the answer is yes...you two aren't the first people I've kidnapped," he says turning around to face me.

"What do you do with them?" I ask

"I kidnap people and kill them for my clients. I'm kind of like a hitman. I also sell people."He says.

"No one wanted us to be kidnapped or killed so what are you going to do with us?" I ask.

"Well I already told you my plan for you, I'm gonna marry you, get the money and then kill you. As for Hannah well...I've been looking for a girl her age for one of my clients. His daughter died so he hired me to find him another one." He states.