Chapter 23

"Wanna come to a party on the beach tonight?" Jessica asked us, walking into the cabin.

"No" I said, though Michael said "yes" at the same time. He frowned at me.

"Why not?"

"Because every time I go to a party, something goes wrong" I replied, crossing my arms.

"I'm sure that isn't true..."

"Michael, it is" I said. He sighed.

"I'll stay with you the whole time...?" He said.

"Okay, fine. Whatever." He smiled.

"Okay, well, I gotta catch up to Luke" Jessica said.

"Wait, what?" I asked. "You're back together?"

"Yeah!" She exclaimed. We both squealed and jumped up and down. Michael groaned at our actions. I chuckled and wrapped an arm around him as he did the same. Jessica left the cabin and Michael took my hand, spinning me around to face him.

"You're gorgeous."

"Okay" I replied. He knit his eyebrows.

"Just...'okay'?"

"Basically" I replied, shrugging and turning around. He grabbed my hand, pulling me towards him.

"You don't think you're gorgeous?" He asked.

"Not really" I mumbled.

He held onto my hand and led me to the bathroom so we both stood in front of the mirror.

"Why are we in here?" I asked.

"Look at yourself in the mirror."

"Okay, I'm looking..." I mumbled.

"Do you know what I see in that girl?" He asked.

"What...?"

"I see the most beautiful girl I have EVER seen. I see a girl who isn't afraid to be herself and stands up for what she believes in. I see a girl who won't let anybody bring her down, no matter what it is. I see a girl who can do so much as smile and make my day completely better. I see a girl who I could listen to talk for hours and never get bored. I see a girl that has the most amazing laugh. I see the most beautiful girl in the world." He grinned and kissed me on the cheek. I felt tears form in my eyes but I blinked them back, turning to face Michael.

"Do you really mean that?" I asked.

"What? Of course I do."

I stood on my tiptoes and kissed him, his lips feeling soft against mine and giving me the same rush throughout my body. He touched his finger to my cheek and I felt chills run down my spine.

-

We walked onto the beach, hand in hand. Everyone held beers and the music blared. Michael grabbed a beer himself and I frowned.

"Um..I don't have to drink if you don't want me to" he said, slowly putting the drink back.

"No, it's fine. Go ahead." He nodded and grabbed it again, opening it and putting it to his lips. I stood there awkwardly. Luke walked up to me.

"Hey Ashley" he said, smiling.

"Hey, Luke. What's up?"

"I just came over to grab some more beer for Jessica" he replied, reaching for some. Michael shot him a look and I rolled my eyes at his immature behavior.

"That's right, I forgot you don't drink."

"Yeah, and you don't drink either" he said. I grinned. Michael scoffed and shoved his hands into his pockets, walking away. "What's with him?" Luke asked.

"Nothing, he's just being really childish right now" I mumbled, remembering him telling me that he was gonna trust me from now on. But of course, he has to go and act like this.

"Oh" Luke replied, frowning. "Well, I hope things work out between you two..I'm sorry if I get in the way of your relationship..."

"What?" I asked. "You could never do that. You're my best friend, Luke."

"Really?" He asked. I nodded.

"You're my best friend too" he replied, smiling. I gave him a warming hug.

"I'm gonna get back to Jessica."

"Okay, I'll see you later" I replied, and he grinned.

As he walked away, I sighed. I better look for Michael..I searched the huge crowd of sweaty, dancing bodies for Michael's purple hair. I frowned when I couldn't find him, but I quickly looked over to see him sitting in the sand alone, chugging the beer down.

"Michael?" I asked.

"Go talk to Luke" he snapped, taking another shot.

"Michael, we went over this! You told me you would trust me!" I yelled. He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes.

"Why should I trust you when you make it obvious enough that you like him more than me" he huffed, gripping the beer bottle.

"That's not true" I said, calmly. "You know I like you more."

"I really doubt that" he growled.

"I can't deal with this right now, Michael" I said, turning on my heel to leave.

"Don't you fucking walk away from me" he said, shooting up from his spot and walking in front of me to stop me. I looked up at him angrily. He sighed. "I'm a screw up, okay?"

"I know" I mumbled, looking away from him. He rolled his eyes.

"Listen" he said. I looked at him. "I...I guess I'm only getting like this because I've never really been in a serious relationship. I don't know how I'm supposed to act when I see you talking to another guy..I guess I just get jealous, even though I hate to admit it." He scratched the back of his neck.

"I understand" I said. I stood on my tiptoes and pecked him on the lips. He whined when I pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I didn't want your lips to leave mine" he replied. I felt my heart flutter.

"Well, I guess that's just too bad for you" I replied, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers as we walked back to the party; but he stopped.

"I don't really wanna be here anymore" he said.

"Why not?"

"I don't know, it's boring. I'd rather stay at the cabin and watch movies all night with you, or 'Friends' reruns. Is that okay?"

"It's more than okay" I replied, smiling at him as we walked back to my cabin.

"You practically live here now" I said. "You're never at your own cabin."

"True, but I don't really mind that" he said with a shrug.

We stepped into the cabin. I decided to take a shower and put on a pair of sweatpants with Michael's Jack Daniels shirt. I brushed through my hair and walked out to be greeted with a shirtless Michael, doing push-ups. I felt my eyes widen.

"Show off" I said, sticking my tongue out at him.

"Then why are you staring?" He asked with a smirk, looking up at me. His biceps flexed every time he pushed down and up.

"B-because.." I trailed off, watching as he stood up with sweat dripping down his cheek.

"Can you get me a towel please?" He asked, sitting on the bed.

I nodded and walked to the bathroom, grabbing one. When I walked back out, Michael went to grab the towel but I held it away from him.

"I'll get it for you" I said.

He nodded and I took the towel, dabbing it against the sweat running down his cheek. He stared at me intently as I slowly pressed it against his forehead, rubbing it across. I looked down at his lips and without thinking I took my finger, tracing his soft lips with it. I saw the goosebumps form on his muscular arms as I moved my finger to his chest, tracing over the tattoos. He closed his eyes and threw his head back, biting down on his lip. I slowly placed my lips against his jawline, enjoying the effect I had on him. I kissed down his jawline and he moaned, grabbing the sheets. I felt a bulge brush against my leg and I looked down, raising an eyebrow. That was quick. I ran my hands down his stomach as I kissed on his jawline.

"Holy shit" he moaned. Wait, what's happening? I quickly pulled away.

"U-um..." I trailed off. His eyes widened and he itched the back of his neck.

"I'm sorry..." He mumbled, pursing his lips.

"What? I should be saying sorry" I replied.

"No, you definitely shouldn't. That actually gave me a rush." He smiled a little and grabbed my wrist, pulling me close to him.

"It did?" I asked.

"You in general give me a rush" he mumbled against my lips, pressing his against mine. I put my hands on the back of his neck as his hands grabbed my waist. He lowered them more and I moaned. He lay back on the bed and I straddled him, my lips still against his as I ran my fingers through his hair. We eventually stopped. He smiled. "Is it wrong to say that I can't wait until we're both ready for this?"

"I couldn't agree more" I replied with a smirk, climbing off of him.