Chapter 5

Angel stared absentmindedly at her cousin. Trinity had come over hours ago and was now currently talking to both Angel and Lafayette. At least she thought she was talking to Angel. Angel's mind was so far gone, she was extremely out of focus. Her mind, despite her fighting it, was stuck on Viktor. The man haunted her like an annoying tune that refused to be forgotten.

She sighed deeply as she remembered the lines of his face, his jaw line, his perfect pink lips...She suddenly blinked, and Trinity was waving her hand in Angel's face.

"Hello? Angel? Are you even listening?" Trinity asked with a smirk. "You're daydreaming aren't you?"

Angel cleared her throat before running a hand through her hair, "I'm sorry, you know I can't help it, once my mind wanders...."

Trinity laughed, "Once your mind wanders you're gone, I know Angel. Everyone knows."

Angel laughed as well.

Lafayette tilted her head, "What were you dreaming about?"

Angel shrugged, "I don't remember." She lied.

Lafayette giggled before shaking her head, "Oh, you little liar!"

"Don't start this again, Fay."

Trinity raised a brow, confused as to what was going on. "Am I missing something?"

Lafayette turned toward Trinity, "Do you remember us telling you about Viktor?"

"Fay, stop it!" Angel snapped.

Trinity grinned, glancing at Angel with knowing eyes.

"Yes...I do recall you telling me about a rude, handsome stranger named Viktor."

Lafayette nodded, "Angel has a crush on the man but won't admit it."

Trinity's eyes widened and she looked at Angel.

"What? You? You have a crush on someone? Hell must be freezing over right as we speak! It's hard to believe someone broke through that shell of yours." Trinity mumbled.

Angel groaned, leaning back into the sofa. "Don't believe a word, Fay, says. I can't stand him! He makes my skin crawl and my throat itch!"

"That sounds utterly awful," Lafayette said on a laugh.

"And painful, how is the drool spilling out of the side of your mouth?" Trinity commented, laughing alongside Lafayette.

Angel huffed, "Shut up you twits! I can't stand either of you right now."

Angel crossed her arms over her chest, she wasn't in the mood for this. She didn't want to admit that she found the brute attractive...the man had his sights on her sister! She would be nothing but a fool to think of him as anything other than the bastard with a lack of manners.

Their laughter continued and she grew more and more irritated. She shoot to her feet, stomping past the two of them.

"Don't be angry, Angel! We were just joking!"

She heard Trinity yell but she continued on her journey down the hall. She heard the faint sound of footsteps behind her but ignored them.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and she headed toward it, redirecting her steps.

"Angel? Are you really angry? I'm sorry, I just wanted to tease you a little." Lafayette mumbled from behind her.

Angel tsked, "Oh, whatever, do what you want. I'm not really angry."

Before Lafayette could say anything else Angel pulled the door open. Two big, make that huge, men stood outside the door. The expressions on their faces hard and unreadable.