42) A Million Diamonds

Finally another chapter! :)

The Mafia Boss is coming to a close and I reduced the chapters to about 45/46 or maybe 47. I want to start book 2 soon so most of the ideas were bunched into this chapter. Sorry if it's a rush but the ideas for book 2 are flowing so bear with me until the end. This is a very long chapter and about 9 pages Microsoft.

I opened the safe hidden in the tree in the park and shoved my hand inside. I felt something hard and pulled it out.

The diamond music box.

The music box glistened in the moonlight and I quickly hid it in my backpack before walking along the streets to where I knew the confusion was bound to start.

Damanico's POV

"Time to weed out the traitors." I told Rocco as I placed a few papers into a file

"Are you really handing him over to the police?" Rocco questioned "Are you that mad against him? He could get a lifetime in there."

"Better yet." I closed the folder and turned to Rocco "That's pay back for ruining my childhood. First killing my parents and when I was in his custody he neglected me. That's why I got into so much trouble and had to hide in Xavier's mafia."

"And Royalty?" Rocco went on taking the folder from me "What do you tell her and Neveah about being absent for so long? As far as they know you're a worker under Xavier and not a boss of your own mafia. They must have though the men were your hired workers and not mafia men."

"I'll have to tell them the truth later." I ran my fingers through my hair "Let's get Cardinal and those traitors out of here."

"What do you have in mind?" questioned Rocco "An accidental car crash?"

"Yep." I popped the 'p' and grinned "The cops would be patrolling town as there's a huge party and you know what happens when teenagers drink too much."

Rocco laughed.

"Let's go." he said

Xavier's POV

I arrived at the club and looked up at the sign.

Illusions! Felix Toronto's club. Time to see an old American friend and reconnect!

Felix was another childhood friend of mine and we were a pretty bad pair. We usually got each other into continuous amounts of trouble and had made several visits to juvenile prison in our young teenage years in America. He moved to Italy with the mafia but went his way in running a club and getting women although he never left the mafia business. I strolled into the club and the bouncer stopped me.

"ID please." he asked

"I've got none." I shrugged "I'm just here to see Felix."

"What links do you have to him?" the bouncer questioned showing his muscles

I almost rolled my eyes at this act of dominance but kept my posture.

"Tell him Xavier wants him." I told the bouncer who looked me up and down before walking up the back stairs in a huff.

I leaned against the railing. The music was loud and I watched a few girls pass by. They all flashed me dirty looks and I could tell that if I stepped foot inside there I would be swarmed and seduced. About ten minutes later I heard that very familiar voice.

"Nice to see you Xav!" Felix grinned as he came down the back stairs with the bouncer right behind him "It's been two and a half years bro."

I laughed.