08; loving and vengeful hearts

The school was empty. Matt Donovan was training but he heard a noise, he got up and walked through the school. He finally entered a classroom, it was dark but when he entered there was a lot of noise. He switched the light and saw a lot of mouse traps snapping. Tyler, Caroline, and Elena were there.

"Ohh! Oh, come on" Caroline said groaning, she turned to look at Matt "Seriously?! Do you know how long it took for us to set all this up?"

Tyler looked at him "Forgot about senior prank night, huh?"

"Clearly" the blond said nodding.

"How could you forget?" Caroline asked in disbelief "We've only been waiting for this since like freshman year."

Elena nodded "Yeah, Matt. If I'm doing this, you're doing this."

"I'm kind of surprised any of you are doing this" he replied looking at everyone.

Tyler shrugged "Caroline's making us."

"We're about to be seniors" the blonde vampire spoke "These are the memories that stay with us forever, and if we don't..."

Elena continued "And if we don't create these memories now, then what's the point of it all?"

"Go ahead and make fun, I don't care" the vampire said lifting her hands.

"You're all lame" Tyler said grabbing a bag "And I've got ten more classrooms to prank" he finished leaving the room.

Elena was about to leave but the blonde stopped her "Hey! Where are you going?"

"To superglue, Alaric's desk shut. I'm making memories" she answered smiling at her friend.

Caroline shouted "I love you" Elena shook her head laughing, she was walking directly to Alaric's classroom but when she opened the door of the hallway she bumped into someone.

"There's my girl" she froze hearing a familiar male voice.

"Klaus" Elena exclaimed in horror looking at him.

Klaus grinned "You're supposed to be dead. What are we going to do about that?"

***

Klaus was holding onto Elena's arm and they were walking through the school "You put a rather large kink in my plans, sweetheart. The whole point of breaking the curse and becoming a hybrid was to make more hybrids. I haven't been able to do that" the hybrid told her "Now my bet is, it has something to do with the fact that you're still breathing."

Elena was trying to get off his grip but it was impossible "If you're going to kill me, just do it."

"Not until I know I'm right. But I do have ways of making you suffer" they entered the gym. A few students were there making pranks. Klaus started to speak with an American accent "Attention, seniors. You have officially been busted. Prank night is over. Head on home" he turned to see Dana and another student. He got closer to them and spoke with his normal voice "You two. I remember you."