chapter 13

(Y/n) pov

After the kiss with Ryuuzaki, I still doubt myself. He said he'll love me no matter what I am. Yet sometimes I feel like that revealing my heritage is what might scare everyone.

"Earth to (Y/n) hello is anyone in there." Something hit my head and I saw Light with the pillow in his hand.

"Oh are you back from dreamland?" he asks as he put the pillow down.

"What's the matter (Y/n) you've been quiet since you've been here and you haven't drink your tea," Misa said.

"Oh sorry lost in thought that's all."
I took a sip of my tea then I looked at Light seeing he's begun to ignore the little discussion between Misa and Ryuuzaki about cake. Of course, it's not a big deal to me but I just see cake as a snack. Next thing I knew Light threw a punch at Ryuuzaki forgetting that they are attached by the cuffs. Misa screamed and stepped on the piece of cake that fell off the table.

"Urgh boys these days." I got up as they were about punch each other again. I stop them by dumping a bucket of water on them which made them look at me as if saying 'What the hell!'

"If you two don't stop fighting I'll make sure you know what true pain is do I make myself clear!" I yelled at them as they both nodded and sat down again.

"Alright, what you were talking about Misa before two children began fighting." She smiled at me and continue asking strange questions about girly stuff. Like singers, clothes brands, or make-up.

'Why does she have to be into that stuff, especially in front of the guys."

"Well, I like any kind of music. Clothes I'm not much into them as long it's my style. As for makeup, I don't care about it." I said as I gave Ryuuzaki my piece of cake to him and he happily ate it.

"Okay, what's your ideal guy then." She says as the guys looked at me. Especially Ryuuzaki.

"Hmmm... someone who will listen to me when I need them, Kind hearted, loyal, reasonable, serious, compassion, and someone to be there for me when I need them," I said as I looked at her as she smiled.

"You just described the way I think of Light!!" She screamed and I covered my ears.

"I was describing someone else," I said as I looked away from her but she jumped close to me.

"Who?"

"It's a secret Misa. Plus Light is here and if my brother finds out I like a guy then I fear what he'll do to him." I said as I cover my face with a pillow.

"Oh come on I'm sure Light will be happy about it. Right Light." She said as looked at Light.

"I wouldn't be so sure I am an overprotective brother to her the most. So who is this guy you love so much (Y/n)?" He said as drank some of his tea.

"It's Ryuuzaki," I mumbled but somehow Misa heard it.

"EHHHHHHHHH! But how!?"

"Misa be quiet it's embarrassing to tell someone of the same gender. So don't make a big deal of it." I said as I drank the rest of the tea with a red face.

"Sorry, it's just shocking. But how do hang out with him when your brother is around all time? Since they're handcuffed together," She whispered to me while covering her mouth.

"Can we seriously stop talking about this? It's kinda embarrassing to tell you when Light is here."

"Fine we're going to have a girl's day tomorrow with and you'll have to tell me then."

"Fine as long as Masuda stays quiet about it as well. I just hope his big mouth can stay shut about this."

Soichiro Yagami pov.

As me and the others were looking into the camera. We listen to their conversation and when the girls started talking about girls' day out. I remember that Masuda was to stay near Misa as her manager. When (Y/n) agreed to it if only he stay quiet because he had a big mouth.

"You know I can hear you." He said a bit sad about what she said. The rest of us looked at him I just smiled seeing she is as sassy as her mother.

"Masuda I want you to tell me who she likes as her guardian I have to make sure she's safe at all times."

"Sure thing sir."

"Just hope you don't come back as a girl." Mogi joked as the others chuckled.

Light pov

Damn it, I couldn't hear her say who she likes when she told Misa. What if it's Ryuuzaki he's older than her and has more time to spend with her. If she likes him then I've lost her for good.

'Why? Why can't she love me more than whoever she likes? Am I only a brother figure to her and nothing more or less. It already hurts me to see her with Ryuuzaki. Plus it kills me to see she left the house to find her father. Why can't she just be happy the way things were before this whole Kira investigation?'

"Light you have been quiet for the past couple of minutes," Ryuuzaki said as everyone looked at me.

"Just wondering who this person might be and I hope he treats her right," I said which was true. (Y/n) is an amazing girl she's smart, innocent, kind-hearted, and just gorgeous.

"Oh Light your such an overprotective brother. I'm sure whoever she likes will treat her like a queen." Misa said as (Y/n) looked away with a blush.

'Why (Y/n)? Why can't you see me more as a man than a brother?'

L pov

I wonder what he's thinking he looks like he's lost something important. Maybe he thinks he'll lose (Y/n) as a sister now that she has someone she likes. I'm still impressed that he's kept this act up. Then again he's could be telling the truth about that. What older brother wouldn't want their younger sister to be happy?

'Maybe he's not ready for her to grow up, just like Mr. Yagami. Once they hear about us I wonder how he'll react.' I took a bite of the piece of cake that (Y/n) gave me. So sweet just like (Y/n) lips when we kissed.

'I wonder how they'll spend their day tomorrow with Masuda? I should put a hidden microphone with Masuda tomorrow.'