Never pass up a chance to see Freddie

no one's pov

Sikowitz was at the controls when the Lauren hit the recall signal. As he had promised her, he widened the wormhole from microscopic to Normal size. Then he sent the basket down. A minute later he could see the gondola coming back with Lauren in it. Her normal scowl had been replaced by look of intense anger.

"So.....You were gone almost the entire night. You had fun...Yes?" He said hoping the look was just Lauren being overly grouchy.

Lauren quickly got in his face and narrowed her eyes. "Fun....NO! You need to check your machine. It was a bit off."

Sikowitz backed up with a worried look. "OFF? By how much?"

Lauren huffed and hardened her Jaw. "3 years and 5 months. So instead of the rather festive May 12th, 1937, I instead got the rather terrifying, October 9th, 1940. Which as it happened to be, was during the London Blitz. So I got to see a German air raid first hand and let me tell you. NOT FUN. Not fun at all. I even got to see some poor bastard they were pulling out of the rubble on my way back. He didn't look too good. Normally i'd loved to see a dead body. But because of my long night, I couldn't even enjoy it. I spent the entire night sleeping, rather uncomfortably I might add, in a corner of a underground station. and I'm tired, my back hurts and I'm hungry as hell on top of it. So No I didn't have any fun."

Sikowitz turned white and took a rather nervous sip from the cocoanut he was holding. "Oh...My. I'm so sorry. I...I...need to check the calibration."

Lauren nodded and grabbed the bag of her modern clothes that was in the corner. "Yes....You do that." She said in a rather chilling voice, followed by a equally chilling glare. "Now. I'm going to change, go home, take a shower, eat, down about 10 aspirin and half a bottle of bourbon, watch the hallowe'en franchise, then go to sleep. Bye..."

Sikowitz felt terrible, not to mention he was half scared out of his wits. "Uh....take the next week off with pay. While I fix this."

Lauren just grunted and left the room.

For the next week Lauren relaxed and attended her classes as normal. Though her thoughts remained on Camila, she pushed asides any thoughts of her eventual trip to the 1800's.

She returned to the lab a week later to work. No trips had been planned so Lauren figured she would just run errands, as she did normally.

"So did you get the thing fixed? Because the rather unerving buzzing which is the sound of a few hundred German Heinkel bombers headed in my direction, is not one I care to hear again." Lauren said abruptly, as she walked into the lab.

Sikowitz stood up and handed Lauren a small box. "Yes. A circuit board had failed, causing the calibration to drift. I need to watch that in the future. I also took the time to install a secondary backup. I feel very bad for what I've done and I've gotten something to hopefully make it up to you. Here."

Lauren looked at the box and opened it. Inside was what looked like a small but old ticket. Pulling it out, Lauren could see it was well preserved and unused concert ticket.

"You've mentioned that you like Siouxie and the Banshee's a lot. So I found this on ebay and ordered it for you."

"Hell Yeah. It's probably my favorite band, period." Lauren then read the ticket.

Siouxsie and the Banshees's

8:00 PM. August 25th, 1981

Hammersmith Odeon, London England.

"Oh...Cool. Thanks." Lauren said as she looked back up at Sikowitz. "I'll have to frame this and put it on my wall."

A rather puzzled look suddenly came across Sikowitz's face. "It's an unused ticket."