11.

Yara's POV

It's another night for my mom's Vegas residency, and this time Beyoncé surprised us all and flew down. My mom ended up getting a rental house for Vegas instead of staying at Planet Hollywood, so Beyoncé put her suitcase in our many guest rooms.

"Hey are you ready Yara?" Beyoncé asked, peeking her head into my bathroom. My mom was already at the venue of course, and nana was somewhere in the house.

"Yes I am. I'm just finishing my hair. The back part always gives me the most trouble." I pouted. Straightening my hair is seriously an arm workout.

"Here lemme help you." She came further into my bathroom and I decided to sit on the stool that once occupied my knee.

"Thanks. You really don't have to help me." I said.

"I don't mind. When I was younger I hated doing my hair so I always went to the hair salon." She said.

"Wasn't your mom a hair dresser?" I asked. She nodded and used a hair clip to work on the last section.

"Yes she was. She owned a hair salon for many years. How did you know?" She asked.

"I'm a big Destiny's Child fan so I've seen pretty much every profile done on y'all." I said.

"Awww. Well I'm going to be out in L.A. this week and wanted to know if you'd like to spend some time together when you come back?" She asked. I turned around to look at her and smiled.

"Sure. That'd be cool. How long you're gonna stay?" I asked. She finished the back of my hair, and started bumping all of the ends.

"Ummm I'm actually not sure. I wanna get to know you more so I don't have a set time. I wanna visit your show Blackish, sight see with you...all of that." She said.

Once she finished my hair, I stood up and looked closely in the mirror. She did a great job; better than I could've ever done on my own.

"Thanks for doing my hair. I haven't mastered making it so fluffy yet & it looks pretty." I gave her a hug. It wasn't weird or anything because I pretty much hug everyone, but it was extra cool hugging her.

"Aww no problem. Your hair is gorgeous. I'm glad Jenn didn't put a relaxer in it cause I doubt it'd still look like this." We both laughed and headed downstairs to meet my nana at the door.
~~~~~
We pulled up to the venue, and just like opening night we walked down the aisle to our VIP seats. Instead of people calling my name, all eyes were on Beyoncé. She smiled and waved to the crowd and sat right next to me. I was in the middle & my grandma was on my other side.

"Is this your first night seeing Jenn too?" Beyoncé asked me.

"No I went opening night, and I'm just as excited now. I love the show." I said.

"I know I'm so excited and this DJ is playing all the classics." I nodded my head and soon the lights dimmed. Let the show begin!

*Next Day*

Beyoncé's POV

I was in mid sleep when it felt as if someone was poking my face repeatedly. I thought I was dreaming, but then this person started opening my eyelids.

"What the hell Jennifer! What is wrong with you!" She laughed and jumped on my bed. I yelled in annoyance. She's still the same old Jenn. Always bothering me in my sleep.

"Everyone is still sleep and I wanted someone else up to help make breakfast." She said. I looked over at my phone and the time read 7am. I internally screamed.

"Don't you have a maid & nobody is going to wake up at 7am. It's too early!" I threw my pillow over my head and turned over to my side.

"No Bey. Yara wakes up pretty early on Sunday's so get up. We're gonna have a girls day out." She took the pillow from my face and I sighed. Once she annoyed me some more and left out, I ended up going to the bathroom to shower and dress for the day.
~~~~~
Yara's POV

It's Sunday and us ladies are out on the Vegas strip having a "girls day out." Nana wanted to stay in and catch up on TV so it's just me, my mom, and Beyoncé. I really feel like I should be calling her something else that's more personable, but I'm still not sure yet. I mean...I can't call her mom or "ma" because she wasn't that to me, but a simple nickname would make me feel better. Eventually I'll address it.

"Welcome ladies to Luxury Thai Spa. Is there a particular service you would like?" A woman greeted us as we walked in.

"Hi there. Ummm we would all like facials for right now. Can we see your choices?" My mommy said for us. The woman smiled and gave us all booklets with different choices of facials to choose from. I decided on just the basic one. Everything else seems complicated.

"I want the basic facial please." I said.

"I'll get the stress relief facial with the hot stones added. Thank you." My mom said.

"Ummm I'll get the same one, the stress relief facial with stones. Thanks." Beyoncé said as the woman collected all of the booklets back, and showed us to our room. We wanted a room for just us three so we could talk if we wanted, and there were robes laid out on the tables. We each took turns changing from our clothes to the robes inside the bathroom that was there & climbed on the tables.

"I've never had a facial with hot stones before. Have you Jenn?" Beyoncé asked.

"Nope. It seemed the most relaxing from the list so I hope it's amazing ." She responded.

"Yara why didn't you want something more exotic?" My mother asked.

"I don't think I can handle hot stones on my face, and my face is my pride and joy." I said.

"Really Yara. Me and Jennifer are trying it. What you trying to say?" Beyoncé said laughing. I laughed, too.

"I'm saying... I'm still 15 and in my prime. Y'all already did everything so y'all have nothing to lose." They both laughed and we continued talking. Then two ladies and one man came into the room, introducing themselves. The man approached me, and he actually looked fairly young compared to the women. He was gorgeous with crystal blue eyes, and dark brown hair. The candles throughout the room gave him a cute glow.

"Ummm excuse me. I think you should do my facial and switch with the person doing me. She's 15 over there." My mama said to the man. I felt so embarrassed. Did my face give it away that I found him cute?

"Ma it's just a facial c'mon." I said.

"Nah you good. Like I was saying please switch." She continued.

"Yes ma'am." The guy said. I shook off whatever feelings I had for the guy, even though he's just eye candy and looked over to see Beyoncé giggling.

"So Yara...have you thought about a sweet 16? It's coming up pretty soon," Beyoncé asked, breaking up the silence. The lady that was giving me my facial was doing a great job so far.

"I actually have. I want like an old Hollywood theme with glam shots of me all around the party in 50's & 60's inspired outfits. I want everyone to dress up like that, too." I said.

"Would you want a DJ or a band to play?" My mom asked.

"Ummm a DJ because I still want the party to be hype, but they gotta dress in the same attire." I said.

"How many guests you wanna have?" My mom asked.

"Not too much but definitely a nice size with all my friends and family, and of course my cast-mates from Blackish." I said.

"Just my family alone will make it a huge party, but I know you like intimate settings so we can create a list of people you really want to invite." My mom said.

"So speaking of this party, would my family and I be invited?" Beyoncé asked. Me and my mom both looked up from our facials with the same look.

"Of course you'll be invited. Why wouldn't you?" I asked.

"Well you know with everything that's been revealed... I just didn't want to assume you know?" Beyoncé said.

"You're stuck with us girl, and it'll actually be nice if you helped me plan it. I was gonna get David Tutela to help too." My mom said to her. I was just smiling cause I already know my birthday is going to be LIT! I'm a real lowkey  person, but I have to go all out for my sweet 16. I think I can stunt a little just for this one day.

....Hey y'all! It seems like I haven't updated in forever, but I hope you enjoyed the update! [Comment, Vote ]