Chapter twelve part two.

‘Why am I here?’ I asked, getting off the floor and backing away from him.

‘I just needed a private time with you.’ He smirked.

‘You could have just asked you know.’ I laughed nervously.

‘Sorry for that. I was just, well, I didn’t want Liam to follow, you know?’ Zach held his innocent face.

I almost punched him then. His smirking face was irritating me by each ticking second.

He turned around, ‘You see. I wanted to ask if you wanted to go out with me…’ He picked out a random file and looked through it.

He seemed to be waiting for my reply, but when I didn’t answer, he continued. ‘You’ve been spending a lot of time with Liam. And I’m afraid I must say that I’m becoming jealous. I mean, he gave you a ride today… you know?’ He’s not going to turn around any moment. I just know it.

I backed away silently, but slipped on a pencil. Zach stopped looking through the files and turned around. I quickly hopped onto a desk and crossed my legs.

‘Aw, now you’re just tempting me.’ He smirked once more. ‘But I’ll be a gentleman and wait, wait until you’re ready.’ He turned around once more. For a personally selected monitor, he sure is stupid.

I made my way silently to the window and unlocked it. I turned around; making sure Zach was too busy talking to himself rather than to me. I wrote a quick note of agreement before I opened the window and slipped out. Closing it as silently as I could, I ran toward to the other side of the building where homeroom was. I glanced at my watch and realized I was one minute before the bell rung. I sprinted faster and finally reached the classroom. Outside the classroom, that is. I tried the window, and fortunately for me, it was unlocked. I went in, tripping my left foot at the end and resulted myself into falling flat onto someone’s table. The bell rang exactly at that moment.

‘Perfect timing, Megan. But please, use the door next time.’ Janice winked at me. I smiled back at her.

‘Whoa, awesome grand entrance Meana. You’re like legendary as usual.’ Chad told me as I passed by his table.

‘Yeah, we’re so going to use that from now on.’ Chace added, giving me a knuckle punch. I just laughed lightly.

As I sat down, the door flew open and came in our monitor. I sneered, not wanting to spare him a glance. He walked past by me, handing me a piece of note with scribbly writing on it. I glanced up before he fully passed and saw him giving me those irritating smirks of his.

I pulled away my gaze to the front of the class where Janice was giving me a raised eyebrow, telling me that she had seen the whole note passing act. I gave her my best please-don’t-call-on-me look, and it worked, apparently.

I felt the paper moving as the wind blew against it. I took a look and as expected, the date, the time, and venue of our little-mini date were written down. I snickered. This is going to be just great.

~~~~~~ Zach’s P.O.V.~~~~~

Just like magic. She disappeared just like magic. I didn’t even see her leaving. Well, bloody hell to that, she escaped through the window!

Yeah, sure. Next time, don’t trouble yourself, that was the note. I chuckled. How more stupid can I be?

I wrote a short note and grasped onto it as I made my way to class. It’s unfortunate that being a monitor means that I have to strictly stick to the rules. Great. Now, I’m going to be late for class.

I banged opened the door to the classroom, immediately getting a glare from almost everyone. I saw Megan making her way to her seat and I rushed quickly to her. Passing the note, and smirking at her, I made my way to my own seat, next to Dylan’s.

‘Dude, what did you do?’ He asked.

‘I did what you told me, man. It’s not my fault she escaped.’ I shrugged.

‘Have you given her the details?’ He further asked.

I turned towards Dylan and shook my head. ‘Dude, hear me out. I figured that if I got her trust, she won’t see anything coming.’

‘But that’ll take forever.’ He grumbled in frustration a bit too loudly.

Ms. Hewers shot a look at us. ‘Excuse me, boys. Is there something you would like to discuss with the whole class?’ She had one of her hands on her hips.

‘No, Ms.’ Dylan and I replied in unison.

Megan turned to look at me. Her face was clear that she was suspecting something already, but I played it cool and winked at her. She gave me a short glare in return before turning back to the front.

‘Dude…’ Dylan started. I held up my hand.

‘I know what I’m doing. Trust me, it’ll worth the while.’